Home Fix The Mix
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

24 hour or 12 hour time?

MikeMike 🎧LandaanPosts: 3,614 Community Manager
edited July 2020 in Fix The Mix
So it was recently mentioned that having 12 hour time might be more accessible than 24 hour. :)

Currently, we use 24 hour time. Of course, not everyone is able to read 24 hour time easily or at all for a huge number of potential reasons. We have the option to switch time formats depending on the general consensus, but if you're not fussed either way there's an option for that.

What do you think we should use?

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!

24 hour or 12 hour time? 19 votes

24 hour
52%
independent_Past UserLaineRileyAzzimanGreenTeaSalix_alba_2019StarlightBenMa_Tech_Addict_Girl 10 votes
12 hour (AM/PM)
10%
ShaunieMel_ 2 votes
It makes no difference to me
36%
DancerMillie2787Anch0r33ZenPast UserAnneFrypanLorryTruck 7 votes

Comments

• MikeMike 🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,614 Community Manager
    Thanks everyone! Looks like we'll hold off on this for now and stick with 24 hour. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!
    independent_
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie
  • ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,279 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited September 2020
    12 hour (AM/PM)
    Liam said:
    Ffs lol thanks

havent seen this. How lol. But Now I’m more pissed off it’s not changing 
    😂

whys this fair. Everyone can understand 12 hour time. 😭 @Mike @The Mix

edit. - I also think cause the altogether the “12 hour” and “I don’t mind” adds up to more than the 24 hour. We should do 12 hour seeming everyone can tell the 12 hour one
    Post edited by Shaunie on
    Past User
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 11,967 An Original Mixlorian
    edited September 2020
    24 hour
    I don't think it should be changed if the majority vote was for 24 hour clock. Sorry..

It can always be reviewed in several months time

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Azziman
  • ZenZen Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,993 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie I'm really sorry you're finding this hard, I know it's frustrating when it seems others don't understand.

I know you said you dont like having to subtract 12 to find out the time but it might be easier if you just subtract 2 and ignore the first number if you know its the afternoon. For example if it says 1500 then it's 3 o'clock because 5-2=3. Does that help at all?
    Alis propriis volat 
    independent_
  • ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,279 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    12 hour (AM/PM)
    Eleanor said:
    @Shaunie I'm really sorry you're finding this hard, I know it's frustrating when it seems others don't understand.

I know you said you dont like having to subtract 12 to find out the time but it might be easier if you just subtract 2 and ignore the first number if you know its the afternoon. For example if it says 1500 then it's 3 o'clock because 5-2=3. Does that help at all?
    Yeah thanks but that’s kinda how i do maths /subtract things but I still don’t want to stuff maths in my head just to find the time lol. 
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,273 Master Poster
    24 hour
    Let’s face it if it’s going to be a universal setting, there are going to be some people it’s not going to suit. Just like I’d be confused if it changed to 12 hour, others like yourself don’t like 24 hour. Because it can’t be changed by individuals, I suppose we have to go with the majority vote.

@Eleanor I love that method!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”