Home Help Desk
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Safeguarding protocol

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,340 Wise Owl
Hello, 

I was wondering what @The Mix does if someone is at risk? 

Comments

• LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Account Deactivated
    Hey Salix! 

Until a community manager can back to you and offer some more insight this page has some information about their confidentiality process hopefully it's helpful! 
    https://www.themix.org.uk/about-us/confidentiality

:)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,340 Wise Owl
    Laine said:
    Hey Salix! 

Until a community manager can back to you and offer some more insight this page has some information about their confidentiality process hopefully it's helpful! 
    https://www.themix.org.uk/about-us/confidentiality

:)
    Thank youuu😉
  • TheMixTheMix The Mix HQPosts: 2,662 Staff Team
    edited June 2020
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019

Great question, I'm glad you asked. Understanding how any service keeps people at risk safe is really important and no matter what service or site you are using, you always have a right to know the answer to this. 

Thank you for linking through the confidentiality policy @Laine. That is exactly what we would do as a first step. It goes over from the young persons perspective what they can expect if they are at risk, and when we decide to involve someone else, who that is and how we go about it.

It's important for us at The Mix, that we both keep people safe, but also make sure that we have a space where people can talk about hard things without feeling worried that we will call emergency services, so our aim is that the policy reflects that. 

What do you think Salix? Do you have any further questions, we are happy to provide a bit more detail if helpful.

- Italia :) 
    We're @Aife, @Connor, @Emma_, and @Mike - the staff team here at The Mix. If you're worried about another member, you can use the report button and drop @TheMix a private message. Our private messages are only monitored Monday-Sunday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, and we aim to reply within 24 hours. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account but if you're feeling unsafe and need support urgently, please contact Crisis Messenger or call 999.

If you would like more information on using the discussion boards, head over to the Help Desk or send us a message.