Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hey my name is Lucy

lucyking200lucyking200 Deactivated Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
Hey 
Lucy here I’m aged 16 and live alone in a house as my parents died  4 days ago from drugs overdose and my sister of the virus so I’m looking for support here people to talk to to ask me questions?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya @lucyking200,

Oh my goodness, you’ve been through the ringer! I’d like to say welcome to the community and that we’re always here if you ever need any support

I’m so sorry to hear about your losses that’s absolutely heartbreaking. Have you got any outside help at all? Have you enough money etc to provide for yourself if not? 

I hope you are doing as ok as you can be right now, take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • lucyking200lucyking200 Deactivated Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Hiya @lucyking200,

Oh my goodness, you’ve been through the ringer! I’d like to say welcome to the community and that we’re always here if you ever need any support

I’m so sorry to hear about your losses that’s absolutely heartbreaking. Have you got any outside help at all? Have you enough money etc to provide for yourself if not? 

I hope you are doing as ok as you can be right now, take care.
    Thanks  nope and  yes money I wanted to reach out here for support as keep crying and crying 
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @lucyking200

Welcome to the boards! Sorry to hear abut your loses. I hope you find these boards useful. The Mix also does articles with a range of different information and support links outside of these boards if you'd like some extra information on something, or you can just ask or chat on these boards 
    mags98 said:
    Hi @lucyking200

Welcome to the boards! Sorry to hear abut your loses. I hope you find these boards useful. The Mix also does articles with a range of different information and support links outside of these boards if you'd like some extra information on something, or you can just ask or chat on these boards 
    I will keep reaching out here? How can I join group chats? 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Hey @lucyking200. Welcome!

There's group chats at 8pm and you can access that through the group chat announcements and there's also a general chit chat thread in anything goes. I hope you can get the support you need on here  <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi Lucy,

To join the group chats, you can either go to this link: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat at 8pm and click on the join button next to che chat you want to join.

Or you can type bit.ly/GroupChatDirect into your browser and that’ll take you straight into the chat which is much quicker!

Once you’re in you can either make an account or log in as a guest (your chat account is different from your boards account).

I hope that’s helpful :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hi Lucy,

To join the group chats, you can either go to this link: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat at 8pm and click on the join button next to che chat you want to join.

Or you can type bit.ly/GroupChatDirect into your browser and that’ll take you straight into the chat which is much quicker!

Once you’re in you can either make an account or log in as a guest (your chat account is different from your boards account).

I hope that’s helpful :) 
    Great thanks yes it is I’m glad I can reach out here and will be often the wag I work is if you ask me questions?
    EGM said:
    Hey @lucyking200. Welcome!

There's group chats at 8pm and you can access that through the group chat announcements and there's also a general chit chat thread in anything goes. I hope you can get the support you need on here  <3
    Great me too just ask me questions that’s the way I work?
  • KaziroKaziro Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello and welcome! I am new here too, if you feel like chatting I am here for you
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2020
    I don't have the words, @lucyking200. :( That's so much loss. I'm just glad you found The Mix.

People will probably ask you questions when you chat to them in Group Chat, yep. Although Group Chat also relies on people being able to have conversations in a more proactive way as well (being able to share things and do a lot of the talking). The main thing with Group Chat is coming to be part of a group conversation with other folks.

We also have a few different one-to-one services where you can talk directly to one of our volunteers, and they may be more likely to ask you direct questions if that's what you need right now. You can find the information for that service here - you can get in touch via webchat, email or phone.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    I don't have the words, @lucyking200. :( That's so much loss. I'm just glad you found The Mix.

People will probably ask you questions when you chat to them in Group Chat, yep. Although Group Chat also relies on people being able to have conversations in a more proactive way as well (being able to share things and do a lot of the talking). The main thing with Group Chat is coming to be part of a group conversation with other folks.

We also have a few different one-to-one services where you can talk directly to one of our volunteers, and they may be more likely to ask you direct questions if that's what you need right now. You can find the information for that service here - you can get in touch via webchat, email or phone.
    Great thanks hope the community helps me