Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm Not Okay

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
I'm not okay. When I feel sad and people ask me what is wrong I usually lie to them. I say that I am fine, that it is nothing or that I am just tired. It feels wrong but I don't know what to say. Especially as I do not have the courage to speak up even if I knew what to say.

I'm fine. I'm just tired.

Yeah...

Tired of trying.
Tired of hoping.
Tired of coping.
Tired of existing.
Tired of breathing.
Tired of living. 

I'm just done. 

It feels like that quote completely matches how I feel. Do you ever feel this way? It makes me feel so alone. Things has been overwhelming and I can't find the words to talk about it. I'm sorry. I feel so sad and in pain. 

Things have been too much for me to cope with this week and just honestly recently. I had an especially difficult day yesterday. 😭😢
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kasa2103

So sorry to hear your struggling, we are all here for you :heart: 

Do you want to talk more about what’s happening for you? 

Sending hugs :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you Stephanie. I feel alone but I am not alone. Does that make any sense to you? I had a really hard day yesterday. Dealt with a friend who was really struggling with her mental health. Been really worried about her. I tried to tell my mum but she won't believe me.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hi @Kasa2103,

What you’re going through sounds really awful I’m sorry to hear you aren’t doing ok at the moment. I think a lot of the time it feels easier to lie when someone asks if you’re ok than to explain your situation to them and be open with them, I know how you feel there totally. But honestly it’s ok to admit you’re not ok and is great you’re reaching out here.

Have you any support outside of here in your life? Aside from what you told her about your friend, does your mum know anything about what you’re going through with your mental health? Or someone at school? I can appreciate fully it’s really hard to reach out for support, I’m in a similar position. But I suppose it’s always good to have someone you feel able to talk to if there’s someone in you’re life you trust to that extent.

Sending you big hugs, we’re always here :heart: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kasa2103

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing today? 

We are all here for you, and you don't have to face this alone. We care about you, and you are a very valued member of this community. :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you. I can't get what happened on Friday out of my head.  Firstly it was a hard day at school and then at home my dad made me feel triggered. 
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @Kasa2103 it sounds like you have been finding it hard recently, you have done well to reach out though.  :)

You mentioned that it was a hard day at school on Friday and that your dad caused you to feel triggered when at home, do you want to talk more about what happened? 

We are all here for you  <3
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Kasa2103

Just wanted to echo what @Jade09 has said - if you would like to talk a bit more about what happened, then we will be right here to listen and support you. Only if you want to of course - whenever you're ready :heart: