Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Animal crossing corner!

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    It finally happened 🙌🏻😃

The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @Liam all I can think about when I see those flowers is I want to water them! 😍😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    @Dandelion woooo.... now what? Have you officially completed AC?😂

@Laine it would take you all day to water my flowers, I’ve even got them on my beach lol
  • Options
    @Liam I still need to finish collecting things for my museum and decorating and stuff so I’ll carry on doing that. I still have a room I can add onto my house as well but don’t have the money yet, until flick comes and I can get rid of the 60 scorpions in my storage 😂😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I love dressing up my animal crossing character :)

Does anyone know if the game has prosthetics? Like a metal arm on my character with a short sleeve shirt, or an eyepatch or hearing aids under the hat options? 
    Nintendo is a family friendly company so I would be a little surprised if they didn’t include things like that at some point  
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    @Eyepatch hmmm not sure about prosthetics but there’s definitely an eye patch. It’s like a wee post op patch. I bought yesterday.

theres also like QR codes online so you might be able to find some or create your own in the designer app on your phone. If you’re good at drawing you’d be able to make a prosthetic leg/arm 
  • Options
    Some things are included there are eyepatches I know! 

I have seen some outfits but sadly it's like cyborg less prosthetic. I am unsure as the outfits are endless! 

Some people may design outfits where the arm is prosthetic and you can download the code maybe? 

Interesting point raised! :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    I like the idea of making my own! Thanks :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    I've been working on my hybrid flowers today, I have so many flowers that are getting out of hand but nooks is closed so can't sell them 😂 just made a section of to sell haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    It's finally done! 

Now time to work on my little outdoor cafe more, I'll show you folks when I'm a bit closer 😁

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    It’s bug offfff!!! Finally 😄 my villagers have only reminded me like everyday for the past week 
  • Options
    Agreed liam they wouldn't stop banging on about it bless them it's like their mam said yes to going to maccies 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Laine 😅😂 

what ye think of the upcoming update? 🤔
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Reading this thread just makes me want a switch and animal crossing more and more aha!! I just want to play animal crossing! Ahaha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    @Liam Oh where we can go diving? I'm really excited being able to on the 3DS it really upset me when we couldn't on here 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    It's very fun and relaxing @Starlight ! I say it's one of the best first games to get.
    When I bought my switch I knew I wouldn't be buying another game for a while haha so animal crossing was a no brainer, fun cute and it doesn't have a story that once you complete it's useless. 

You can get Pocket camp on phone for free it's still pretty fun I still play it 😁

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Yeah @Laine I’ve got pocket camp though not really getting into it. I still play animal crossing on my ds sometimes aha gotta get some ac in my life aha. 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Bug off is getting heavy competitive between me & villagers 🤣 just accidentally beat marshal up with the net trying to catch his bee. Don’t think he will ever forgive me 😩😄

and aye @Laine it looks sooo good. I never had it on DS. It would be mint if we could terraform the beach too!
  • Options
    Marshall noo 😭😂 

I thought I had too many flowers @Liam 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Just sold all the scorpions I’d been saving up to flick for 700’000 🙌🏻
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Laine said:
    It's finally done! 

Now time to work on my little outdoor cafe more, I'll show you folks when I'm a bit closer 😁
    How did you do this? I’ve tried for ages to make a heart shape river/pool 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Stephanie i tried so many tutorials that didn't help but this worked https://game8.co/games/Animal-Crossing-New-Horizons/archives/289144 if you scroll down you can find one for a vertical heart which is what i did. the horizontal one is still too hard lol

the pictures are easier to follow than other ones i didn't use the numbers after i got the outline it was just filling in :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options

I finally did it 😅 it took so long 😂
  • Options
    Im looking forward to unlocking terraforming!! All your island photos look so nice!
  • Options
    I literally terraformed for like 3 days straight when I unlocked it 😂 little tip lol you need three stars to unlock it and you can get more stars by inviting villagers to your island, you can do this by speaking to Tom nook and selling some land
  • Options

• Options
    Is it possible to visit your islands without adding you to my Nintendo friends?

That way you can stay anonymous on the mix but we can trade fruit and turnip prices  :) 

I don’t really know how the online stuff works so sorry if it’s actually a really dumb question. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Eyepatch you don’t need to be Nintendo friends to have people visit your island :) if you go airport and say I want visitors, online, invite via dodo code.. your gates will open and you’ll be given a dodo code to give to people and they can visit with just that 😄 you have to pay for the Nintendo membership thingy though
  • Options
    Yeah you can message someone the dodo code you don't need to befriend them but yeah you do need membership :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    I visited a friends and brought a bunch of purple clothes 😂 ngl my island is highly boring and sparse 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.