Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    If teddy gets trained as good as I’m hoping I might get another dog. Maybe a whippet. How cute would they look next to each other. But family say if you get another dog they become less interested in you and more interested in each other?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Christ this is the latest I’ve been awake in weeks. Hello night owls
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Don't think ima sleep tbh
  • Options
    I’ve had so much sleep in hospital and today so I ain’t even tired now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    It's cold. Haven't had the heating on for a few days to try and save money. It's not going well, it's cold
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    One pro of being insomniac - I get to talk to other night owls on here for longer lol. Tomorrow is gonna be a nightmare. But it was anyway.

Just realised maybe ironic placement of the word nightmare when talking about sleep lol.

It’s not tooooo cold here
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Lol tomorrow is pretty Chilled for me. Might have Monday off work. Not sure
  • Options
    I’m seeing my sisters dog tomorrow so that should be good she’s a very hyper dog
  • Options
    Sounds like you’ve both got nice days planned for tomorrow then. I’m probably gonna have to chill too if tomorrow is anything like today was.
  • Options
    I put up an Instagram post 11 hours ago and suddenly getting notifications of comments and likes now. lol what the heck
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Damn. Jealous of your days now. :joy:

My mum's helping my sister revise tomorrow, and I'm preparing revision material for her. :#
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »

My mum's helping my sister revise tomorrow, and I'm preparing revision material for her. :#

Sounds not so fun.. but you could go do something fun after!!
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

Probably. But my sister has barely done her work since she started her GCSEs. So we're talking about a year's worth of revision crammed in a few months.
  • Options

Probably. But my sister has barely done her work since she started her GCSEs. So we're talking about a year's worth of revision crammed in a few months.

Oh gosh. Good luck
  • Options

Oh gosh. Good luck

Thank yooou
  • Options
    How's everyone doing on this fine morning?
  • Options
    Very very low. How are you @lovemimoon
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Struggling so put a film on.
    Had a cry over Asda being out of stock of my bagel thins and substituted it for something different.. I hate when things get substituted
    I think it's gonna be an emotional day

How are you lovely? @lovemimoon
  • Options

Oh gosh. Good luck

Thank yooou

Get some.audio tapes for when she's sleeping. Play them during her sleep. Apparently you still take on stuff in sleep
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    Morning

Morning, how are you
  • Options
    Morning

Morning, how are you

Still pretty terrible. Hardly slept at all. Had coffee though. How are you?
  • Options
    Morning

Morning, how are you

Still pretty terrible. Hardly slept at all. Had coffee though. How are you?

My chest hurts from coughing so much. Getting antibiotics Monday so hopefully that helps. Hardly slept too and have a black coffee this morning to get me going lol
  • Options
    Have sudden urge to bake something but I can’t even be bothered to get out of bed
  • Options
    Early black Friday sales are the best
  • Options

Had a cry over Asda being out of stock of my bagel thins and substituted it for something different.. I hate when things get substituted

@GreenTea I feel your pain on a different level. Hopefully ASDA fixes itself up!
  • Options

@GreenTea I feel your pain on a different level. Hopefully ASDA fixes itself up!

Given the substitutes to a friend. Had 6... How crazy
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey people, how are you dealing with this Sunday?? I've got plenty of studies to do, feeling a bit unmotivated, though.

What're your plans for the rest of the day?
  • Options
    Heya @Cosmo

Planning to have a lazy Sunday after I finish the revision materials. What about you?