Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2020
    I care about my teeth lol. The amount of sugar etc in  things is bad 😂
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I care about my teeth too, it's okay to treat yourself to sugary stuff as long as it's done in a sensible way :smiley:
  • Options
    Cheers @Aidan , they could do with pinning that somewhere so it's more easy to find lol 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I care about my teeth the best I can when I don't go to a dentist 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    hahaha @Laine my social worker used to take me to the dentist kicking and screaming :lol: 
  • Options
    I just..yh can't stand American candy. It's so so bad lol
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    I just bought an electric toothbrush. I try to care for my teeth now but in the past I didn't look after them properly. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    British sweets are just as bad. I count sugars so I do know about sugar intake and stuff. One (won’t say what chocolate but it’s small) and it is the tota of your whole sugar intake for the whole day. Which is mad because there is sugar in everything else in your diet but just used all ur sugar intake on one small piece of chocolate. But yeah can treat self to a high amount of sugar sometimes. .... or if like me a lot lol. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Aw bless @Liam 😂 I just can't afford it and the wait haha

Last time I went was to discuss getting braces then decided against 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Aidan Thankyou <3
    Has anyone got any advice on friendship

• Options
    You add 1 and a half cups of sugar to kool aid and the powder is already 95% sugar lol
  • Options
    Can we not talk about sugar intake now if that’s okay?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Frozen grapes! Strawberries, green apples 👌👌👌👌
  • Options
    I feel bad for the amount of sugar I have now lol feel triggered 

no ones fault. Just my ED

but going to leave you guys to chat. Take care all
  • Options
    @Shaunie <3 As long as you're happy, who else cares. Eat whatever you enjoy :smiley:
  • Options
    Anyone ever done a teeth whitening kit?
  • Options
    @Emoji246 Same advice as Aidan, be yourself and try to be as confident as possible. I joined school pretty late so everyone had already known eachother. I just went in with confidence and forced folk to be my friend by constantly talking to them. Not the best advice but worked for me :lol:
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Anyone ever done a teeth whitening kit?

Anyoneeee lol
  • Options
    Nope @GreenTea
  • Options
    Liam said:

Dammit 😂 need to know if it's worth the money.. once I've had my wisdom teeth removed
  • Options
     @GreenTea , best place to get your teeth whitened is probs dentist, they do that deep clean thingy :smiley:
  • Options
    True. Don't actually have a dentist at the moment.
    Shouldn't have to pay for them either tbh. I didn't ask for teeth.
    Same as eyes. Shouldn't have to pay for them to be check and for glasses. I didn't ask to have odd shape eye balls either. 
  • Options
    My brother has he takes his teeth too seriously! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Liam what I mean is I feel out with my friend 6 days ago and still ignoring me  :s
  • Options
    Laine said:
    My brother has he takes his teeth too seriously! 

Niceee. Lol
    As I've gotten older I've become more aware of small things like teeth lol I've also become very aware of a lot of things
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Aidan i have! love that film.

@Emoji246 I guess that would depend on what you have fallen out over? If you did something to upset them then the only thing you can do is apologise. Perhaps give them a call or leave them a nice text. Maybe write a wee letter and post it through their door? It feels more personal that way. Could tell them that you'd like to chat and to be friends again.  Forgiveness can take a while, it's not an easy thing to do. 
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    I agree you shouldn't have to pay for a simple check-up or necessary things with teeth and eyesight. Toothaches are extremely painful and eyesight is just essential to life. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Do you like my shiny new badge ah
  • Options
    @Shaunie ohhh nice is that gold?
  • Options
    EGM said:
    I agree you shouldn't have to pay for a simple check-up or necessary things with teeth and eyesight. Toothaches are extremely painful and eyesight is just essential to life. 

Eyesight is very essential. If i couldn't afford glasses I literally would not be able to see my hand in front of me