Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2020
    Liam said:
    i dont think ive ever actually been in primark :lol:
    Aww missing out. One of the best feelings is walking in and picking up a basket ! 😅 knowing going to buy some good value stuff
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I think my mam grabbed me a polo from there once when we were up the shopping centre and i dropped pepsi down my white top :lol: but i waited outside i think but that might've been top man idk 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    I think my mam grabbed me a polo from there once when we were up the shopping centre and i dropped pepsi down my white top :lol: but i waited outside i think but that might've been top man idk 
    lol. Not a fan of shopping?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2020
    Liam said:

Top man is way better. Decent stuff. 
    Primark sizings are like a lie.. I'm a bigger size In Primark and I'm 2 sizes smaller else where. It's disgusting. 
    I would recommend avoiding tbh. Cheap sweatshop made stuff. 
  • Options
    Ohhh really @GreenTea ?? I shop in JD and that's sweat shops too but defo not cheap :lol:

Yeah i love clothes shopping @Shaunie i was embarrassed that i had a dirty white tee and didnt want anyone to see me :lol: 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Aidan said:
    I live in the like £4 primarni tshirts lol
    Can’t go wrong I have men’s tshirts lol. That I live in around the house cause baggy. Can’t go wrong hahah. I think mine are cheaper than £4 tho lol
  • Options
    Yh Liam if you actually look into the history of it. It's awful..don't get paid enough to feed themselves.. 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Ohhh really @Greeea ?? I shop in JD and that's sweat shops too but defo not cheap :lol:

Yeah i love clothes shopping @Shaunie i was embarrassed that i had a dirty white tee and didnt want anyone to see me :lol: 
    Lol all been there. I once split my whole drink in superdry ahah 
  • Options
    I shop topman, jd, river island or like online asos or something. Im picky with clothes but mostly live in shorts :lol:
  • Options
    Primark pay is good :)

• Options
    Shaunie said:
    Primark pay is good :)

Not to the people who make the clothes it isnt. They get paid next to nothing to work 12 hour days to make cheap clothes that are incorrectly sized and fall apart quickly
  • Options
    Think she's talking about the people who make the clothes in sweatshops @Shaunie ... I think lots of places are the same though sadly i know for a fact JD supports sweat shops and their prices are ridiculous 
  • Options
    It's just part of the fast fashion industry.. where chesp, toxic dyes are used to produce things quicker. 
  • Options
    Do they sell male jeans @Shaunie ? curious :lol: i can never find jeans that fit me. Always too long in the leg or fall down because im skinny and short :lol:
  • Options
    If you search ethical clothing, lots of shops come up
  • Options
    Oh i don’t know much about any of that. 

When I first started. I got paid £4.44. Now I get £8.35

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Liam said:
    Do they sell male jeans @Shaunie ? curious :lol: i can never find jeans that fit me. Always too long in the leg or fall down because im skinny and short :lol:
    Yeah they have a lot of jeans
  • Options
    If you look into fast fashion which is what most high street shops are . you'll see why I feel so strongly against shops like Primark..
  • Options
    Tbh with the recession we are now in. Forget cheap 😂😂
  • Options
    Aye im tempted @Aidan im fed up of having to roll the bottoms up or having to keep pulling them :lol: Belts never hold them in place either. Just want a decent pair of jeans to fit me well, is no too much to ask? :lol:
  • Options
    I’m so fussy with fashion too. I’ve been looking for a new bag for over a year now. But I don’t like any I see
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Liam said:
    Aye im tempted @Aidan im fed up of having to roll the bottoms up or having to keep pulling them :lol: Belts never hold them in place either. Just want a decent pair of jeans to fit me well, is no too much to ask? :lol:

Try h&m. They have the best sizing out of all shops.. In Primark you can pick up 2 sizes that are the same but they are different lol. My friend posted a picture on twitter of it
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yeah primark sizing are messed you. But yeah can always buy then return within 28 days
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Do you not buy from high street shops @GreenTea
  • Options
    I buy most of my jeans from asos. actually like most of my wardrobe is from asos lol
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Do you not buy from high street shops @GreenTea

I try not to. Sometimes it's not avoidable. I try to go for sustainable fashion..so clothes better for the environment too.
    Charity shops, online independent brands etc
  • Options
    And I want tiktok to be banned aswell. Way to triggering with those with mental health. The dark side of tiktok is bad
  • Options
    Sustainable fashion over fast fashion any day.. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I once worked in a charity shop. I lasted two days I think cause I started crying. I saw discharged underwear 🤢🤢🤢never going into a charity shop again. Unless to give. Like no hygiene from some people
  • Options
    ahhahahah thats not good