Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Laine said:
    Evening all!

Yooo
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Could be better just fed up really, I hate my cardiologist appointment isn't a long wait i've been given no info and a heart med to take its just very messy, wish I asked what they thought it was aha 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Laine :'( I have to see a cardiologist regularly for my heart because ive always had issues with a leaking heart valve. Its scary but they know whats best
  • Options
    Agreed Liam happy for the referral but in a way no? Like it's selfish but wish I didn't bother only went up for anemia would rather live in shadows but if it's an arrhythmia it kinda doesn't want leaving 😂 I'm just gonna pretend it's not till they say lol

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Hi yall!
  • Options
    Aye i hear ye but it's good that they've picked up on something. I mean, obviously not good health wise but if you do have an issue it's better that they know so that they can help.

I know its dead scary because it's your heart and stuff but that makes it even more important for doctors to know whats going on.

My heart has caused me soo many issues, whenever i open my mouth you can hear ticking and its basically my heart beat that you can hear through my mouth :lol:
  • Options
    Hey @AnneFrypan how are you this evening? 💜

Ah bless ya @Liam mines just noticable i can always feel it beating even when it's not fast, it does get annoying I'm tired and I can't climb hills 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    hope its nothing too serious @Laine :smiley:
  • Options
    It shouldn't be Liam I'm still alive after all these years 😂 

It will likely just be an arrhythmia :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    I’ve been investigated for that sort of stuff before, my whole life I’ve had with dizziness/fainting and I had a 24 hour ECG once which showed nothing aha. Still no cause for it even now. This stuff is really scary to be going through I think especially so cause it’s to do with the heart 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yeah you're right, its especially scary given its your heart. I had my issue for yearsss and they couldnt find out what it was, i even nearly had surgery for something they assumed it was but turns out it wasnt :lol: ... 
  • Options
    See @Aidan that’s my problem, quite often when I stand up I feel very very dizzy. It’s been put down to anxiety and it’s 10 x worse when my anxiety is bad so probably all related ahahaha.

@Liam oh my goodness, yeah it can be really frustrating sometimes when you’re having a symptom and a cause can’t be find. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    i can feeeeel a cramp coming in my calf muscle omggggg noooo
  • Options
    @Liam oh my god I hate those, foot cramps too those are horrible!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    My internet cooperated right the way through chat (finally) but now it has completely, 100% and utterly died on me!!!! WHYYYYYYYY 
  • Options
    It's beach day!
  • Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Morning 

foster family are lovely really caring 
    they have one older child and two younger children 
  • Options
    So glad to hear that @pandalover200 , foster families are often very caring. They will know how best to support you and make you feel settled. Are you staying with that foster family, do you know? Or is it short term until they can find you a long term placement. 
  • Options
    Blasting Beyonce down the motorway with the windows open 😂😂 the looks we are getting
  • Options
    @GreenTea yayyyyyyyy!! I love car journeys with really loud music! It’s one of the best things 
  • Options
    @GreenTea woo have lots of fun!

@independent_ how much sleep did you get? You’re up surprisingly early considering you were Awake at 4🤣 I managed to sleep at half 2 the heat was awful 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Liam not much honestly, yeah I went to sleep at about 1 but woke up at 4 and 7 and then 9. Not. Fun. I left my fan on last night cause it was so hot ahaha 

So needless to say im still very very tired lol
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Aidan definitely better to realise before you start I reckon. I’m very glad I didn’t apply this year. 

Mine’s going alright so far ahahaha sticking to the tradition of doing absolutely nothing 
  • Options

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Aidan said:
    Woo hello all!

So an exciting start to my weekend, I've decided I don't actually want to go to uni, but I wouldn't say I've wasted my access course though because I needed to find out I don't want to go to uni otherwise I'd have wasted a lot more of my money and time :joy:

How's everyone else's weekend going so far?
    That’s makes sense a lot of people realise uni wasn’t for them after they have gone
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    anyone else suffering from this heat. it's honestly the worst haha
  • Options
    Mellyy99 said:

Nah went in the ocean and it was too cold
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Mellyy99 said:

Nah went in the ocean and it was too cold
    awh bless you, yeah I don't like the sea haha. The beach looks nice though :) 
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    I'm soooo hot. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    I’m dying in this heat 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.