Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    What’s everyone doing today.

My grandparents are coming to my house for the first time, I'm so excited. We're going to eat a variety of delicious foods and then we're going to do shisha.

Aw that’s nice!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Good evening
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Durhamjaide Hello!

How are you doing?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Today has seriously made me question why I work in a hospital 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    How are you? @lovemimoon
  • Options
    Well @Supernova
    I'm feeling self-destructive as usual.

How are you doing?
    It's been a while! :3
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    Hey @Durhamjaide
    How are you doing? <3

Hellooo everyone.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi Mimoon @lovemimoon for a while I was sleeping at old man times but it seems we're back to our old ways
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Aaye @Apollo

Long time, no see
    How are you doing??
  • Options
    I'm doing better than normal probably how about you @lovemimoon
  • Options
    @Apollo Had better days but heey.
    Good to hear that, man! <3

What have you been up to??
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @lovemimoon that's kind of the only thing that's bothering me, I'm doing better but I'm also doing none of the things that I like, like I've not made anything in ages or read anything or any of the things I want to do and despite feeling better I just sit around and do nothing and I don't think I'll be able to keep up with feeling guilty for doing nothing.

More positively me and my friends are going to see the Christmas markets and lights and stuff and it's pretty big. There's a ferris wheel for some reason and I wanna go on that. We went to the Christmas lights two years ago and it was really good and I'm excited to go again, we're gonna go twice this time too and do ice skating and stuff.

Hope you feel better soon
    Post edited by Apollo on
  • Options
    Hey @Apollo
    I'm sorry to hear that. <3
    Take your time with this. :3
    Right now, you're doing a lot better and you should keep that going for as long as you can. Quick drawing sessions once in a while! ^^

Oooh! Ice skating as well!
    How good are you??
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I've only skated once and it was like seven years ago, one of my friends I'm going with has done ice skating lessons for years so while we're on the ground she'll at least be doing some tricks
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »

Aww friend, why?
  • Options
    If it's not cold.. it rains
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »

Aww friend, why?

‘Twas just an horrendous shift being so short staffed I ended up with 15 patients to be a HCA to on a ward I’m completely new too @Salix_alba_2019 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Heyy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    So many sick bugs going around
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    So many sick bugs going around

Let’s hope none of us get it
  • Options
    Yup my niece had it last week was off for nearly a week of school and my nephew got it during the night
  • Options
    Just never ending. Face masks have lowered immunity because we haven't been exposed to bugs
  • Options
    Hey guys. How are you all? X
  • Options
    Brushed my teeth forgetting I had a can of diet coke on the go
  • Options
    Bout to be crazy late for uni
  • Options
    It starts in three minutes and I'm still on my first train of two