Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My diet is going really well
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Shaunie wrote: »
    My diet is going really well
    Aw good I’m on a diet as well any tips?
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hello, just wanted to post in here briefly with a reminder of the community guidelines, particaruly the ones we have around eating and sharing tips for diets. We would encourage you to focus on your feelings and supporting each other with that as sharing tips about how to diet could be triggering for some people. We hope that's all okay and do feel free to get in touch with us on @TheMix account if you have any questions :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited October 2021
    Aife wrote: »
    Hello, just wanted to post in here briefly with a reminder of the community guidelines, particaruly the ones we have around eating and sharing tips for diets. We would encourage you to focus on your feelings and supporting each other with that as sharing tips about how to diet could be triggering for some people. We hope that's all okay and do feel free to get in touch with us on @TheMix account if you have any questions :)

Diet doesn’t always mean restricting food. We all have a diet. I’m just adjusting mine to be more healthy. As that improves your mind and oral health.

@Durhamjaide im not sure what diet you’re wanting to go on. But you have to be determined And find the food you will eat and check how healthy it is. I try to find foods and drinks that say “no added sugar”. (For snacks) But obviously still okay to have sugar. Hope that’s ok to say
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Aife is that ok
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aife wrote: »

Thank you! :)
    Why you saying thank you? Confused
    Meeting a lot of friends this week. Just been out and brought stuff for my friends kids
    @independent_ how have you been recently?
    Why you saying thank you? Confused

Because I felt the need to say thank you :)
    Meeting a lot of friends this week. Just been out and brought stuff for my friends kids

I have brought her 3 month old some clothes. And her 3 year old 2 toys. I just don’t know what to buy To buy her two year old. Any ideas?
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea did you see me lurking there ;) I was just reading this thread 5 minutes ago. Not bad thanks, just watching the chase with my partner (such old people religiously watching the chase lol). Pretty tired but I haven’t slept through a night for about a week lol. How are you?

@Shaunie awww! That sounds lovely. I hope you have a good time seeing them. How have you been?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ nah I realised I haven't spoken to you for ages so wanted to check in! Was gonna message on discord but I've got a lot of pings to work through on there first.
    Eh I'm struggling at the moment. Lots of shit going on and getting irritated by a lot of things and still struggling with what happened on Saturday while in London
    I’m ok. Stressing myself out a bit. How are you @independent_
    edited October 2021
    My arm hurts cause I brought too much in town. You know that shaky feeling
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea ah fair enough, discord pings can be hard to keep up with. Love discord though. I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling. Sending hugs <3 I’m just hoping i can sleep though a night soon without waking up at 6am (which has been the normal for the past few days lol)

@Shaunie oh no, how come you’re stressed? I’m just tired tbh.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I’m stressed as well at the moment

@Shaunie oh no, how come you’re stressed? I’m just tired tbh.

Said I’m meeting people this week but don’t have time to meet them all
    I’m stressed as well at the moment

What’s wrong ? @Durhamjaide
    My carer is leaving on Friday
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    On the topic of discord pings 👀
    c9nrwx0uftd6.jpg
    In a few servers for my hobbies and after not checking them for almost a year this is the result
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
    Can the title of this thread be changed so newbies feel like they can join in?
    The forum needs to be more active I’m scared will get removed like beats one from not being active
    Like “come join a general chat”

Before I joined I didn’t know what OP meant so people are just gunna read the thread thinkings it’s a chat about Tea.
    And a general chat is a good place for a newbie to first write something

I would make a thread but it will only get purposely put down the boards.

@TheMix what do you think
    Going to Wembley today! Watching the England and Hungary game
    The forum needs to be more active I’m scared will get removed like beats one from not being active

Beat have active ones.
    edited October 2021
    Like “come join a general chat”

Before I joined I didn’t know what OP meant so people are just gunna read the thread thinkings it’s a chat about Tea.
    And a general chat is a good place for a newbie to first write something

I would make a thread but it will only get purposely put down the boards.

@TheMix what do you think

I created this thread so I'd rather you didn't try and change the name. Newbies have come here and commented multiple times. The name of the thread has nothing to do with it. The boards just haven't been active. Thank you
    Oh just saying cause it’s a little thing that could make a difference
    Anyoen gunna be watching the England vs Hungary game tonight on tv?
    Sorry but id rather it wasn't changed. Thank you.