Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Ayyyy I'm all booked in for a covid antibodies test

Ooh hope it goes well
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I deleted the app anyway. I redownloaded it and now the self isolation has gone so won’t be able to self isolate anyway with no proof. Been to work anyways
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited August 2021

Ooh hope it goes well

I’ve done this. Got £50 for it mine was negative
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie I’ve heard they’re available to anyone now, I’d be interested to do one but I’m not double vaccinated until next week. Idk if that makes a difference to them lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Ooh hope it goes well

I'm doing it because I meet the the current criteria to do so!
    I'm on my last week at one of my jobs and the kids made me cry
    edited August 2021
    Right guys I impulse bought a cheesy mash from asda that needs cooking today so what goes with cheesy mash? :joy: bit stuck for what to make with it
    Right guys I impulse bought a cheesy mash from asda that needs cooking today so what goes with cheesy mash? :joy: bit stuck for what to make with it

Sausages and beans
    Love the fact the job I'm leaving have organised me a party for Thursday. I'm not supposed to know though 😂
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Love the fact the job I'm leaving have organised me a party for Thursday. I'm not supposed to know though 😂

You've gotta put on your best fake surprised reaction lol

You've gotta put on your best fake surprised reaction lol

Im gonna try my best lol. The kids wanted a party to say goodbye. Made me feel a bit emotional lol
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Had my last driving lesson today , Uni is getting closer , everything has been brought and packed expect for my clothes and chargers etc … so many big changes happening
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Evening all
    Evening @Supernova how are you?
    I'm not too sure @independent_ perhaps a little low. How about you?
    @Supernova I’m ok, just getting by. Not done as well today as yesterday but ah well.

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling low still. Sending hugs <3
    Awwhhhh :/ sorry to hear that aswell @independent_

Well idk really, just a bit sleepy and unsure of what to do :p
    Poop my gums feel very sore around my wisdom teeth , maybe time for antibiotics again 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Have a good sleep lovelies <3
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
    Kate_20 wrote: »
    Have a good sleep lovelies <3

You too @Kate_20
    I’m getting my tonsils removed on 17th September
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I’m getting my tonsils removed on 17th September

Good luck with that at least your throat won’t hurt
    Ahhh I’m excited my rainbow fleece is coming to get
    Anyone know if GPs are still doing phone appointments? I’ve gotta book a med review and hope it’s still on the phone
    Anyone know if GPs are still doing phone appointments? I’ve gotta book a med review and hope it’s still on the phone

You can ask for it over the phone either way

You can ask for it over the phone either way

Ah thanks I thought it was in person automatically before Covid. You used to phone up and get given an in person appointment time and thought they only did that
    What why does my test now say positive for antibodies last time it said negative? And both times I had the first injection
    What why does my test now say positive for antibodies last time it said negative? And both times I had the first injection

I guess because they take time to build up so you might get a negative result first time after your jab but then a few weeks later get a positive as your body builds up immunity? Just guessing though don’t really know lol

You've probably had covid and not known. The vaccine doesn't put covid in you.
    lppmigsbjbu7.jpg