Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @Apollo yes it kinda did feel like finishing an exam early now I think about it! It was so weird like loads of people just sitting doing nothing. Even reading the entire leaflet they gave me didn’t fill the time.

Yeah I’ve heard that you need to keep moving your arm if it’s sore, but I think lying on it is just a little step too far :joy: I hope it doesn’t last too long, my other arm is sore too but I went swimming the other day and hurt a muscle in it, so that’s why. But I have 2 sore arms now lol.

I’m glad you’re feeling better, it might feel like silly worries sometimes but that worry is very real so it’s important to look after yourself either way.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    edited July 2021
    @independent_ yeah I get that, stupid things can sometimes just fuck with you like that, even worse when it's something you just can't control

Hope your swimming arm gets better soon, the vaccine one won't last long but it is pretty inconvenient

Also during GC while I was cycling I met a cat! I don't know if you'll remember but the night I joined this site was the day I pet a cat for the first time, and now that number is 2, I'll send pictures
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    26dsdqcpr1sv.jpg
    t8r3heu4s27z.jpg
    It kept running up into my leg so I could pet it and doing little meows, it would also look up at me when it wanted to be pet its face was so cute and it stuck around for ages it was so amazing I love cats so much
  • Options
    @Apollo Awwww!!!! That’s so cute! I do remember that actually, I don’t think I’ve petted many cats in my life, my sister is allergic so we could never really have them anywhere near us. I personally prefer dogs but cats are cute too!!!

I think I need to have a serious think about my own sleep schedule!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ when do you normally sleep/wake up?
  • Options
    You know how that emergency SOS thing on iPhones? You have to press the lock button 5 times?

I tried to power off my phone and accidentally pressed it 5 times and a horrible alarm started on my phone and it counted down to calling 999.

Absolutely shat myself.

Christ.
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    @independent_ when do you normally sleep/wake up?

I’m usually asleep by now tbh @Apollo and awake by around 9.30 or 10. But tonight I am not the slightest bit tired
  • Options
    @independent_ this is the worst mine has ever been, last night I tried to just not sleep but I slept from around 12PM to 3PM, and I'm still somehow awake, this is like the second time this week this has happened
  • Options
    You know how that emergency SOS thing on iPhones? You have to press the lock button 5 times?

I tried to power off my phone and accidentally pressed it 5 times and a horrible alarm started on my phone and it counted down to calling 999.

Absolutely shat myself.

Christ.
    I would have shat myself too to be honest, noise it makes is freaky
  • Options
    @Apollo the worst mine tends to get is staying up till 5am or so, every night then waking up at 9am or so, I know when mine gets that bad there’s a problem. My meds used to help but they make no difference now. I was on a good schedule for weeks, going to sleep at about 11 and waking up at 7 or 8. But that was when I genuinely felt better in myself. Not anymore lol.

Honestly the noise was the worst part it was so loud and calling 999 reminds me of the few scary times I’ve had to call it, ugh. That feature is so important but bloody hell.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    edited July 2021
    Oh damn. Did you guys crash???

Nooo! Damn, your conversation was interesting as well! :confounded:

EDIT:
    By interesting, I mean it was very insightful and educational, and totally not creepy at all.
  • Options
    @Apollo the worst mine tends to get is staying up till 5am or so, every night then waking up at 9am or so, I know when mine gets that bad there’s a problem. My meds used to help but they make no difference now. I was on a good schedule for weeks, going to sleep at about 11 and waking up at 7 or 8. But that was when I genuinely felt better in myself. Not anymore lol.

Honestly the noise was the worst part it was so loud and calling 999 reminds me of the few scary times I’ve had to call it, ugh. That feature is so important but bloody hell.
    @independent_ I agree, happiness and sleep schedule are totally linked, I remember being so happy when I had a good schedule and I'd just do what I wanted in the day, thats before I started struggling with my mental health and honestly I wish I had that back.

With the 999 thing I do wonder why it makes a noise though, it's so freaky and I feel like it would function perfectly even if it didn't make a noise, it would even be better in some situations
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I'm still here, I just had quite a personal conversation with my brother, which is why I was gone for a bit, and I was kind of drunk so I was trying to conceal that. He was being open about things important to him though and honestly I don't feel like the alcohol affected me much cause of course I genuinely care about him and what he was telling me
  • Options
    @Apollo Ahh. Are you okay?? <3
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I'm good thanks it was stuff to do with him, he was telling me about things he was going through

I dunno man it's really sad I'd rather talk about something else
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Not me eating a roll at 4am 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Heeeey @Millie2787 Long time no see! :joy:

That's alright @Apollo Have you seen Record of Ragnarok lately...?
  • Options
    Hiiii , Yeahh had to get an early night last night but woke up hungry so made a roll 🤣 love a good cheese and onion topped roll from Morrison’s
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I've not seen Record of Ragnarok, what's that?
  • Options
    @Millie2787 That sounds amazing right now. :confounded: Is Morrison's open 24/7??

Oooh @Apollo It's a manga adaptation! It's essentially humans vs Gods! :joy:
  • Options
    @lovemimoon ooh cool? Does it use mythology as a basis, like is it Greek gods or roman or whatever, or just original characters? (Due to it's name i imagine it's Norse?)

I remember I used to want to be a writer, because good storytelling is something I just fucking adore. I'd pondered the idea of a god slayer before (because its so cool and inspirational, can be used for metaphors too) but the idea of how a non-god can kill/defeat a god has been something I find difficult to make interesting. Like the god could have a weakness, like Superman's kryptonite but thats not too interesting to me.

God I'm sorry I'm drunk I'm rambling so bad. Anyway is it well written cause see if it is I totally want to watch it
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Morning
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @GreenTea you okay?
  • Options
    @Apollo I find for me when I’m doing better, I have the motivation to fix my sleep and I actually want to sleep at night and be productive in the daytime. But at the moment that’s just not there and I’d rather the day was shorter tbh.

It would be better without the noise, I think you can turn it off though. Just gave me such a fright and I struggled to sleep after that lol, finally fell asleep at about 3.30
  • Options
    @independent_ think I ended up sleeping at half 7ish
  • Options
    @Apollo 7.30 you must be shattered!!!
  • Options
    @independent_ I woke up at like late 1PM-ealry 2PM which would mean I got like six and a halfish hours of sleep (I think), I am pretty tired though yeah
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi guys who wants to talk x