Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    GreenTea wrote: »
    How’s everyone doing tonight? <3

My foot is really swollen and sore from playing football In the wrong trainers.

How are you

@GreenTea oh noo that’s rubbish! Hope your foot is better soon.

I’m ok thanks just bit tired.

Idk. In regular pain with this foot

There’s nothing worse @GreenTea maybe speak to your GP? <3

I don't have a gp anymore. I don't trust them with how badly they fucked up my implant removal.

Oh no, do ring 111 if it’s really sore @GreenTea
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Why do my eyes feels o weird ahhhh

Tiredness maybe @Shaunie
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I mean. I may have worked at primark for 5 years and may seem I’ve got no where. But I haven’t. I’m so grateful to have qualification in peer support work and gunna have a chat with peer tutor soon about improving on good interviews

But what I noticed today was how more confident I am just being myself. I say hi to every staff I see and spoke to nearly everyone. I feel appreciate there and i don’t know how I survived keeping myself to myself as gets very boring when I’m by myself. Managers are like they’re so proud for how far Ive came cause I was too scared to even speak to them lol which is true haha

But I think the face masks help me so I am very scared when that’s not a thing.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I mean. I may have worked at primark for 5 years and may seem I’ve got no where. But I haven’t. I’m so grateful to have qualification in peer support work and gunna have a chat with peer tutor soon about improving on good interviews

But what I noticed today was how more confident I am just being myself. I say hi to every staff I see and spoke to nearly everyone. I feel appreciate there and i don’t know how I survived keeping myself to myself as gets very boring when I’m by myself. Managers are like they’re so proud for how far Ive came cause I was too scared to even speak to them lol which is true haha

But I think the face masks help me so I am very scared when that’s not a thing.

You have done amazingly well, you should be so proud of yourself <3@Shaunie
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Oh hey @Aidan thank you!

Thank you @independent_

<3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey everyone! How was the football match??
  • Options
    I'm good! Feeling a little restless but hey. :joy:

What about you, @Aidan ?? Surprised to see you up this late!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Aidan!! It's been too long
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Heeey @Apollo
  • Options
    @Aidan Cheeky! :joy:

Well, you know where to go if you're looking for a couple of night owls.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Ahhh work has been an adventure already
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Heey @Millie2787 Guessing you had a fun day at work then?
  • Options
    Day ! Hahahah I’m on a night
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Right! You work night shifts! So sorry about that :joy:

How's it going??
  • Options
    Already had an ambulance out 🤣 still 6 hours to go
  • Options
    Ohh! Do you work as an emergency medical dispatcher??
  • Options
    Nooo I work in a care home for dementia
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Oh, wow! May seem strange to say @Millie2787 but thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!

I can't imagine this work being any easy. :joy:<3
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Defo confirmed to me I wanted to do children and not adults nursing 🤣
  • Options
    Oh nooo :joy:

How's it like then??
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    Heyoo
  • Options
    Gang gang @independent_ @lovemimoon what's up
  • Options
    Gang gang indeed :joy:

Binge watching Shameless on Netflix. What about you guys?
  • Options
    My brother is away so I have the room to myself so I'm dancing and pretending to sing
  • Options
    AAAAAYE

About time, aye? :joy:
  • Options
    Heeeyy @Apollo @lovemimoon I’m for some reason just not very tired. And I’m also too hot and have a headache now so I really have go give up on trying to sleep haha.
  • Options
    Heey @independent_ Sorry to hear that, man.

Have you got the windows open??
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I don’t like windows open at night in case bugs come in. I have my fan on though and I have a neck fan that I might put on in a minute.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Oh nooo :joy:

How's it like then??

It’s very demanding sometimes 🙈 I quite often get hit bite sworn at etc