Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I tried to get a black head last night snd it didn’t work and now my lip is swollen 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea wrote: »
    @Zen
    Incorrect. Most schools look for a level 3 in TA or education related college course to be a TA as teachers have less time to train on the job. Most jobs you look at will require a college level qualification in education, childhood studies

Lots of people I know have gone into it without a qualification in that area! Like I said it's advantageous but lots of places offer something like an apprenticeship in it
    Alis propriis volat 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I tried to get a black head last night snd it didn’t work and now my lip is swollen 🤣

Leave it be for a bit. Try again tomorrow and it might be ready
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Lol I hope everyone invested in team England winning the tournament enjoyed that result :wink:

All I can see is people saying how boring the game was. That game was bloody brilliant, I was sat on the edge of my seat for all the Scotland chances. What a game that was.

That's exactly the game that you want to see - no team running away with the scoreline, equal chances and end to end, box to box plays. Couldn't want more from a game of football lol
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2021
    Zen wrote: »
    @Zen
    Incorrect. Most schools look for a level 3 in TA or education related college course to be a TA as teachers have less time to train on the job. Most jobs you look at will require a college level qualification in education, childhood studies

Lots of people I know have gone into it without a qualification in that area! Like I said it's advantageous but lots of places offer something like an apprenticeship in it

That’s interesting! Thanks
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I have literally been asleep since I got home from work. 6pm. I’m glad chat was cancelled cause I was too tired for it lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Sounds like a tiring day @Shaunie hope you’re ok
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ I forgot to get the coffee machine back
    Sounds like a tiring day @Shaunie hope you’re ok

Yeah I’m just hoping I can sleep tonight but I still feel proper tired so I’m guessing so
    Tbh that's poor practice of schools to hire people unqualified... Meeting needs and supporting education is much more than you think
    @Shaunie hopefully you can get some sleep. Are you working tomorrow?

@GreenTea my mum got into her job with very little experience, she loved it, she learnt on the job and is now a teacher (she went to uni for that btw lol). I suppose some schools will be more willing to train their staff than others, but I do realise Scotland may be different to England here :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I’m pretty sure an appretership is still a qualification
    How’s everyone doing tonight? <3
    I really do think it's poor practice hiring unqualified people for jobs like in education etc. Just personal opinion.

Thankfully now. But meant to be meeting up with a friend which I can’t be bothered to be honest and I’m working Sunday. And the Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday I’m doing 12:30 - 10pm. :////

My foot is really swollen and sore from playing football In the wrong trainers.

How are you
    I really do think it's poor practice hiring unqualified people for jobs like in education etc. Just personal opinion.

That’s fair enough @GreenTea I guess my mum did have a degree but not specifically in education so her case might be different. She worked in supported learning for about 8 years though after being a stay at home parent for 10.
    I’m so tired. Everything feels so vivid for some reason. I feel weird ah . It’s cause last night it didn’t help I kept waking up on and off.
    Shaunie wrote: »

Thankfully now. But meant to be meeting up with a friend which I can’t be bothered to be honest and I’m working Sunday. And the Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday I’m doing 12:30 - 10pm. :////

Gosh that sounds exhausting @Shaunie take care of yourself <3

How are you

@GreenTea oh noo that’s rubbish! Hope your foot is better soon.

I’m ok thanks just bit tired.

That’s fair enough @GreenTea I guess my mum did have a degree but not specifically in education so her case might be different. She worked in supported learning for about 8 years though after being a stay at home parent for 10.

TAs aren't just about supported learning. It's emotional well-being of the kids and more often than not, personal care of kids too..
    Yeah and I’d still be working Monday. Just 4 hours tho. But yeah it is a bit much. I hope the deliveries are not big so can go home early as I regret signing up now lol

How are you

Idk. In regular pain with this foot

TAs aren't just about supported learning. It's emotional well-being of the kids and more often than not, personal care of kids too..

Yeah my mum did all that. All she needed was a criminal record check and a good interview.

How are you

There’s nothing worse @GreenTea maybe speak to your GP? <3

Yeah my mum did all that. All she needed was a criminal record check and a good interview.

Yeah reminds me of being a care assistant. Don’t need a qualification for that but it’s a lot of stuff. People you deal with can be very unwell for example in mental health ward and do personal care but don’t need qualification. At most might need level 2 health care
    Why do my eyes feels o weird ahhhh

Yh the process of getting a job now can flag occupation health if you have severe mental or physical illness and are deemed unsafe for the job. They have to check you are safe to work a challenging job like in education

How are you

There’s nothing worse @GreenTea maybe speak to your GP? <3

I don't have a gp anymore. I don't trust them with how badly they fucked up my implant removal.
    Tbh Im probably hurting because I've worked 46 hours this week! My body aches. On top of exercise, walks, dealing with kids