Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Damn @Passionflower hope you feel better soon
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • PassionflowerPassionflower Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @Apollo Thank you. How are you doing?
    Not great how about you @Passionflower
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @Passionflower I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about it?

I'm recovering. Went to a friend's house to catch up because I haven't been responding to any calls lately.
    @Apollo I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling great. Is there anything in particular making you feel that way that you'd like to talk about? I'm still not doing amazingly but I'm trying to stay a bit more positive

@lovemimoon I don't need to at the moment but thank you. I'm glad that you were able to catch up with your friend. How did it go?
    @Passionflower Hey! How are you???

It went really good. Just laid out all the worries and thoughts. Then we talked about the past, moments that made us worry, people we've encountered, etc.
    edited May 2021
    @lovemimoon It's great to hear that it went well and that you managed to get things sorted! I'm still not feeling the best but I'm just trying to kill the time before I fall asleep. I hope that I can fall asleep slightly earlier tonight as I woke up a bit earlier this morning. What have you been up to today?
    @Passionflower I'm sorry to hear that, man. I hope everything turns out well! <3
    Hopefully, you rest well.

Tbh. I've been reconsidering my relationships.
    This is a tricky one because it's a group dynamic. If possible, can you give me some insight?
    @lovemimoon Thank you <3 It must be difficult to have to question your relationships. Is there a particular reason why you're reconsidering them? Also, when you mention that it's a group dynamic, what additional challenges do you think that this might give rise to?
    @Passionflower

It's one of those 'fight one, fight all' group dynamics. See, I love them and unfortunately, I did something incredibly damaging and I lost a friend because of that.

I've been friends with this group for quite a long time but I can't help but feel like I've lost myself. I don't recognize the person that I am anymore. One of them sent a particular message that resulted in a really bad 'rage attack' - or it's like an anxiety attack but it's anger, and I haven't responded to them since.
    If we were to address the dynamic individually, I've equally had conflicting thoughts about them, particularly due to a weird dynamic I've had with them so having that in a group is overwhelming.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Morning
    edited May 2021
    Morning @Supernova
    You okay? @lovemimoon
    I've been better. You? @Supernova
    How have you been?
    Much of the same @lovemimoon could be better and could be worse. Still finding myself being anxious most days but the worst of it seems to have passed.

Anything you wanna talk about? What've you been up to, to pass the time?
  • m3gan04m3gan04 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    Hey guys! How is everyone
    Hey @m3gan04

I'm doing well! What about you??
    Hey @m3gan04
    @lovemimoon Ah I can hear how much more challenging it is for you because if you have a conflict with one member of the group, then you feel as though you are in conflict with the rest of the group too. Honestly, it sounds like such a stressful situation :( Do you have an idea of how best to approach this situation? What kind of outcome are you hoping for?
    @Passionflower Tbh. I'm gonna cut them off. I love them but loving them isn't enough sometimes.
    Morning guys
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited May 2021
    I found a funny meme online but not really sure if it would be appropriate for The Mix. 😂
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    How are you? @Apollo
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Morning
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Morning everyone
    Morning! How are you @lovemimoon?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I'm okay! How are you @independent_ ??
    Had better days @lovemimoon I hardly got any sleep and just meh haha. I'm glad you're ok, I'm just putting hash browns in the oven woo
    Hash browns? Lovely. I'm gonna have some pizza :) I mistook the hugs thread for this one last night :p

Glad you're okay too @lovemimoon

You guys up to much today?