Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Oooh I love hallomi 😍 I go through phases with cheese , sometimes I love it and will eat it loads then I hate it 🤣

My favourite thing to cook is chicken breast with pizza seasoning(Bassically oregano , parsley , paprika ) salt pepper and a knob of butter
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    PassionflowerPassionflower Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @independent_ Ooh what are you having for dinner? I’m just watching Mrs Doubtfire and eating popcorn haha
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm absolutely ruined
  • Options
    @GreenTea What’s up?

@Millie2787 Halloumi is amazing isn’t it!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @Passionflower oooo Mrs Doubtfire is a good film! I've been tempted to get disney + back for a while just to watch that :joy: just chicken kievs and mashed potato for dinner, nothing special haha but had to find something in the co-op that went well with mashed potato lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ It's the first time that I've watched Mrs Doubtfire and thought it was really good. I'm extremely late, I know :'( but tbh I've barely watched any of those really popular films anyway. Haha, I'm sure that if you only want to watch Mrs Doubtfire then you could rent it online? Or could you find anywhere that will let you have a free trial of Disney Plus lol? I hope that you enjoyed your dinner :)
  • Options
    @Passionflower I could probably get it online but I can probably still get a free trial of disney +, cause last time I had it was on my mum’s account but she cancelled it. So if I sign up myself I can probably get the free trial again lol.

The dinner was great! It’s so easy as well i just use ready made mashed potato from Asda :joy: thats why i needed to have something with mashed potato because one of them needed to be eaten before today.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ The chicken kievs and mashed potato sound like a really nice meal. I love mashed potato, especially with some cheese in it. I made it from scratch a few days ago and it's really easy. Do you make your own sometimes? As for Disney Plus, definitely rinse all of the free trials that you can get :joy:
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Evening guys :) how have your nights been?
  • Options
    @Supernova Hey, I’ve had a bad day so my night has been too. How has your night been?
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    You can talk to us about it if you'd like @Passionflower
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Sorry to hear @Passionflower anything in particular getting you down or that you wanna chat about? Honestly idk what's going on half the time, I just think too much and it's always negative.

How you been @Apollo up to much?
  • Options
    Not really @Supernova wanted to draw but ended up playing a game with my friend, how about you?
  • Options
    @Apollo Thank you very much. How has your night been?

@Supernova I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling with overthinking negative thoughts tonight. Are there any thoughts in particular that you’d like to talk about?

I’ve had a bad day because I had some arguments with my mum and feel frustrated and upset. I’ve just been wondering what’s wrong with me generally and feel useless, ashamed, depressed and tearful
  • Options
    @Apollo the same honestly I've been talking to a friend on discord for most of the day. Gotta start trying to fix my sleep though cause these late nights are doing me no good.

@Passionflower hope the arguments weren't too serious, and sorry you've been feeling like there's something wrong with you. Worth remembering that it's easy to think those things and spiral into worse when you're low. You seem like a nice person to me for what it's worth.

I'm just worried about the future in general, always feels like something is on the verge of going wrong and some indeterminate event is going to ruin my life. Although even beyond that not much seems real anymore and things are just things are just passing by outside of my control. I guess I'm worried that I don't have the skills or self confidence to deal with it when something does go wrong. If I'm forced to look to the root of a lot of my anxiety it's brutal but I really hate myself.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Morning , hope your doing okay . Only a few hours left of my nightshift
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Passionflower yeah omg mashed potato is really nice with cheese in!! I never make it myself though don’t have the patience :joy: but my dad makes mashed potato a lot and he’s really good at it too.

Well uh I thought my alarm didn’t go off this morning but turns out I think I must of just not heard it, so yay my day’s off to an excellent start :joy:
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Okay I've missed 11 pages of this but hey!!! I'm back ahah just in case you couldn't tell from my proper spamming of the boards.

Surprised I haven't got a spam ban yet tbh (ugh aren't they the worst)
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 great to see you back!! How have you been!! <3

The spam block is indeed the worst lol
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey @independent_ it's good to be back! I'm doing pretty good - how are you?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    I'm just worried about the future in general, always feels like something is on the verge of going wrong and some indeterminate event is going to ruin my life. Although even beyond that not much seems real anymore and things are just things are just passing by outside of my control. I guess I'm worried that I don't have the skills or self confidence to deal with it when something does go wrong. If I'm forced to look to the root of a lot of my anxiety it's brutal but I really hate myself.
    These are all common symptoms of anxiety, I feel or have felt every single one of these. Granted I don't actually know if I have anxiety but through talking to people and Googling I suspect that's what's going on. I understand with the things not feeling real thing that shit is scary, I remember feeling like I was losing my sanity or whatever but that thought was probably also brought on by worry. What I'm getting at is although all of these feel absolutely awful they're really common, I don't know if you've seen someone about mental health or are on any medication but experts absolutely know how to deal with and treat this kind of thing.
  • Options
    @Supernova Thank you very much. I can hear how worrying the thoughts that you keep overthinking are, in addition to you feeling that you're lacking control and feeling apprehensive about the future. How have you been feeling today?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Apollo well I'm on medication but I'm currently in between counselling. Was on the verge of self referring for CBT but decided to put it off for a while because of lockdown. It's still something on my list of things to push for though, just for a while It seemed kinda pointless given the state of the world. Sorry to hear you've struggled similarly, I hope you're doin better lately.

@Passionflower much of the same tbh, but I guess no worse than usual. Feel like a broken record now tbh and my moaning doesn't serve anyone :p how've you been today? Any plans for the weekend?
  • Options
    @Supernova Talking about how you feel isn't moaning! We're here to listen :) I've been feeling crap like I was yesterday. I went out to vote today but I didn't even remember until I checked my phone at 4pm when I bloody woke up because my sleeping pattern is such a mess and I went to sleep at like 4/5pm. I haven't got anything planned for the weekend. It's just going to be the same old rubbish for me. How about you?
  • Options
    Oh @Passionflower you from Scotland?
  • Options
    @Apollo Oh no, I meant the London elections lol
  • Options
    Oh cool, I didn't know they were on today, there was a Scottish election today as well
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Apollo Halloumi is a type of semi-hard cheese that feels quite rubbery/spongey and is grilled or fried. It's quite difficult to describe but it tastes quite salty. It's so nice. You should definitely try it!

This is the most accurate description of halloumi that I've come across 😁

The saltiness is always something lingers lol
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Apollo Yeah, the Scottish elections were today too. Did you manage to vote?

@Salix_alba_2019 Haha, unfortunately, I can't take credit for it as I had no idea how to describe it so searched it up on Google and tried to stick something together using what it said on there :joy:
  • Options
    I did, it was at my primary school so going back there was cool and the girl volunteering at the polling station was a really good friend that I see and talk to a lot so it was funny to see her there