Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    PassionflowerPassionflower Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @Apollo Ooh what did you eat?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Nice to see this thread active again. Still can't believe I posted it almost 11 months ago.. it's done well to get to where it js
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @GreenTea Compared to now, how much has the Mix changed??

@Passionflower - It was long but it was worth the tears. :joy: I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling that way. I hope everything turns out well. <3 What's 'This Way Up' about??

@Apollo - What did you eat?
  • Options
    Idk really.. it's been a long time lol. I still have a t-shirt from when it was the site 😂. The mods have changed a lot
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Had Nando's, first time in like 4 years
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Well in terms of trying to feel better I've just set up some games I can play with my friend. Availability of someone to talk to and something to do has been a decent distraction. The anxiety is only really coming back when I get into bed but that's always been the case. When that happens I just hope my meds are enough to send me to sleep lol.

I'm only a couple episodes away from finishing my current show and then it's on to something new. Got to find something :p
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @lovemimoon Thank you, I hope everything turns out well for you too! <3 I've not even finished the first episode yet but here's a random description I found on Google lol: Aine is a smart English-as-a-foreign language teacher trying to pull her life back together after a `teeny little nervous breakdown'. Despite this, Aine puts on a brave face for her sister. It's got Aisling Bea in it playing the main character.

@Supernova I think that it's a step in the right direction that you've been able to set up some games to play with your friend and are keen to reach out to talk to others. Trying to get to sleep whilst experiencing anxiety can be so difficult. I've also been finding that I feel a sense of anxiety at night time along with feeling really alone. I hope that you've been able to fall asleep by now lol

@Apollo Omg I absolutely love Nando's and haven't been in such a long time! What did you order?
  • Options
    Not a fan of nandos. Can make it at home for much cheaper!
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Not a fan of nandos. Can make it at home for much cheaper!

Really I love Nando’s
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Ah @Apollo the former member thing is interesting. So in the old days of this website, the boards were set up on a different forum hosting service (if that’s the right name for it lol). I think it would of been in 2018, the boards migrated to this new platform, which is called Vanilla.

While all the old posts were able to be moved over with the boards, because of the GDPR which had just come into force at the time, the members themselves had to consent to their accounts being moved over. We were sent a few emails by the mix and we needed to log into our accounts by a certain date to get them moved over.

Those members, like myself, who were active anyway so logged in had our accounts moved over. But unfortunately many of the thousands of members we had before the change over didn’t log into their accounts on time for whatever reason, so it was presumed they hadn’t consented to their account being moved over.

This is why all the posts now say from a former member, although why they all look like they’re from one account is an interesting question. Maybe someone like @Mike can explain it better, but I guess it was just easier to move everybody’s posts into one former member account than to give everybody their own former member account?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @Passionflower - That description made me laugh :joy: Sounds like an emotional rollercoaster.
    What else have you watched??
  • Options
    @Apollo Omg I absolutely love Nando's and haven't been in such a long time! What did you order?
    I got 4 chicken thighs with medium sauce and peri peri chips
  • Options
    I've actually never had nandos!! I want to try it one day though lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It's pretty good, I don't usually care much for chicken but the peri peri sauce is very good
  • Options
    I need to go to the shop to get something that will go with mashed potato for my tea and there's so much choice I dunno what to get lol
  • Options
    Gravy is good, but if you mean something separate from the potato I guess you could have just about anything. Something I miss having for dinner is sausage rolls with tomato sauce, seems a bit strange to be with mashed potatoes but it's fire
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Apollo ooh yeah my dad loves sausage rolls, chips and beans for his tea, I like that too (without the beans) but idk if it goes with mashed potato :joy: I'll prob go to the shop later and just have a look about
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Apollo I usually order the half chicken (medium) and make both of my sides peri peri chips lol. I also order the side of halloumi which I love and some perinaise sauce

@lovemimoon The most recent things I've watched are Russell T Davies' It's a Sin, Banana and Cucumber. I also love Game of Thrones, Suits and Fleabag. I've got Disney Plus at the moment so I'm going to try to make the most out of that. How about you? What have you been watching?

• Options
    Omg the rain! It's absolutely pissing it down lol but I love watching/listening to it when I'm indoors. It's giving me pathetic fallacy vibes at the moment haha
  • Options
    pissing it down? @Passionflower it's sunny here :joy:
  • Options
    @independent_ Yeah, it's pissing it down here lol. Apparently, there might be hailstones soon too. It's probably going to rain for the next few days where I am
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    it was raining earlier tbf @Passionflower but it's actually turned into a decent afternoon weather wise. It probably won't last lol
  • Options
    @independent_ To be honest, I fucking love the rain so I'm just going to embrace it. My mood has been so shit recently and I've actually been hoping for it to just piss it down haha
  • Options
    @Passionflower aww that makes a lot of sense actually, a few people here love rain. I dont mind it but don't love it aha
  • Options
    @independent_ Ah fair enough :) What are you up to anyway?
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2021
    Ah @Apollo the former member thing is interesting. So in the old days of this website, the boards were set up on a different forum hosting service (if that’s the right name for it lol). I think it would of been in 2018, the boards migrated to this new platform, which is called Vanilla.

While all the old posts were able to be moved over with the boards, because of the GDPR which had just come into force at the time, the members themselves had to consent to their accounts being moved over. We were sent a few emails by the mix and we needed to log into our accounts by a certain date to get them moved over.

Those members, like myself, who were active anyway so logged in had our accounts moved over. But unfortunately many of the thousands of members we had before the change over didn’t log into their accounts on time for whatever reason, so it was presumed they hadn’t consented to their account being moved over.

This is why all the posts now say from a former member, although why they all look like they’re from one account is an interesting question. Maybe someone like @Mike can explain it better, but I guess it was just easier to move everybody’s posts into one former member account than to give everybody their own former member account?
    @Independent_ exactly right. :)

I'm not certain (my memory of the migration is foggy), but I think it was easier to have all posts under one legacy account rather than individual accounts because of the sheer amount of data. Posts go back to around 2000 and there was something like 65k+ accounts, so you can imagine how colossal of a task it would've been to manage all that data under separate accounts.

@Apollo I look forward to the exam. :bleep_bloop: Going back in time on the community is super interesting, though easy to lose entire days to once you start digging! Only people who have logged in since the badges came into effect will have them (I think), so I think we also have some old timers who were around back then but don't have the badge.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    @Apollo I usually order the half chicken (medium) and make both of my sides peri peri chips lol. I also order the side of halloumi which I love and some perinaise sauce
    I made both of my sides peri peri chips too, they're brilliant and all the other sides don't compare. I honestly have no idea what halloumi is though, whats it like?
  • Options
    @Apollo Halloumi is a type of semi-hard cheese that feels quite rubbery/spongey and is grilled or fried. It's quite difficult to describe but it tastes quite salty. It's so nice. You should definitely try it!
  • Options
    Oh cool, I'll definitely try it next time I'm there
  • Options
    @Passionflower I'm not up to much just putting my dinner on. How about you?