Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2020
    There was a post for more hours at work and to write a letter if want it. So I did. Now I  have an interview for it. I mean why would you have an interview for a place you already work at😂 bit weird. Haha. Hope everyone gets an interview otherwise that’sa sign I won’t get it lol The interview is in my work hours
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea I’m so glad to hear you’ve had a nice evening <3 

@Shaunie good luck I’m sure you’ll do great!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea I’m so glad to hear you’ve had a nice evening <3 

@Shaun good luck I’m sure you’ll do great!

Thank you! Was lovely to just spend time with some friends!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea aww that’s lovely, yeah I agree it’s so amazing to spend time with good friends. Especially when you’re going through a really hard time <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    There was a post for more hours at work and to write a letter if want it. So I did. Now I  have an interview for it. I mean why would you have an interview for a place you already work at😂 bit weird. Haha. Hope everyone gets an interview otherwise that’sa sign I won’t get it lol The interview is in my work hours
    Good Luck @Shaunie . I’ve always found it weird that they interview people just when changing their hours 😂😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Good Luck @Shaunie . I’ve always found it weird that they interview people just when changing their hours 😂😂
    Oh it’s is a thing then lol? I thought it was a nice word for a meeting to say lol why would we want you 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Oh it’s is a thing then lol? I thought it was a nice word for a meeting to say lol why would we want you 
    Yeah it’s a thing lol, I’m not really sure why 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Yeah it’s a thing lol, I’m not really sure why 😂
    Lol 😂 I’ll probably be the first to fail it lol haha
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl

Saw this and thought of you guys <3 

Goodnight all <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Hello
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Hell
    Heaven
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:

Saw this and thought of you guys <3 

Goodnight all <3

This quote was written on the chalk board at work today
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    And all I am waiting for now is my comb set, and I can start going to town on my hair! Managed to get it in a style I LOVE! Haha

How is everybody doing today?
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    And all I am waiting for now is my comb set, and I can start going to town on my hair! Managed to get it in a style I LOVE! Haha

Not so great. How are you
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm not long finished my 3rd week of Childline training - I think it went well today and I was able to speak on camera! 

The skills practice went a lot better than last week too. I felt a lot more confident. 

Now I'm preparing for my astronomy test so we'll see how that goes. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Just brought LED lights that will go round the whole of my room calling. And they’re Bluetooth and the light apparently will go along with music! All for £13. Couldn’t help my self. This Vipon  app (discount codes for amazon) is damaging lol
  • Options
    Supposed to be 27 but got for 13
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hello ! 

I’m feeling positive my bus pass and blue badge both got accepted the other day which is going to be a massive help 

Oohhh @shaunie I’ll have to download that app ! Looks good 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    @Shaunie ! YOUR GONNA BANKRUPT ME 😂😂 I’ve just searched crossstich and omg there’s so many for them 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Shaunie be careful with those type of lights. They've been known for causing fires
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ahh sorry @Millie2787 😂
    and yeah I know @GreenTea that made me second think that. But yeah anything electrical can randomly blow up so thought yeah fuck it can live in fear when can happen anytime and unlikely
  • Options
    It's not because it's electrical @Shaunie it's because it can get hot and burn through the material it's made and cause it to catch fire if too hot
  • Options
    Ah yeah sure will be fine. Many things blow up like chargers 
  • Options
    It doesn't blow up.. it melts and catches fire. 
  • Options
    Yeah i know but I want them so it’s fine
  • Options
    @independent_ hello, not spoken to you for a couple days so just wanted to post. Hope you are doing ok and I'm here if you need a chat 💕
  • Options
    Hmm
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    GreenTea said:

Not so great. How are you
    Really sorry to hear that love! abything we can help with?

I am good, thank you for asking! 
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    It's Friyayyyyy!
  • Options
    It's Friyayyyyy!
    Yay means I’ve got work tomorrow💀