Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Oh I really wanna watch this! Might watch tomorrow 
    It's good, just be careful if you're easily triggered. There's a lot of deep stuff in there like at times i thought ...crikey... bit much  :lol:
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Oh that sounds really cool @Starlight :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Liam said:
    ahah i have a floordrobe atm, my caps and everything are everywhere :lol: and like a million water bottles lol
    Know the feeling lol. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Shaunie said:
    Oh I really wanna watch this! Might watch tomorrow 
    It's good, just be careful if you're easily triggered. There's a lot of deep stuff in there like at times i thought ...crikey... bit much  :lol:
    Is any of it related to mental health? Otherwise I don’t think I wanna watch it ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2020
    Thank you @Liam @Starlight and @independent_ 💕
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    @independent_ if your into cross reality and kinda dark fairytales you’d enjoy it though I think it’s a bit hard to get into in the first place.

@GreenTea sending all the hugs!! I’m here for you and I’m sure everyone else is too!! Hope your doing better soon xx
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Thank you @Starlight
    Just got memories of it going through my head and phantom pains
  • Options
    Might get my laptop back out and put a film on that's easy to watch
  • Options
    Ehh, kind of?? i'd recommend you read about it online before watching it :lol:
  • Options
    here for you @GreenTea
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Yeah that sounds good @GreenTea a good light hearted film is often a good distraction!!

“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    anything on disney plus is often an easy watch!
  • Options
    I'll be fine I just.. easily set off with things that like relate to trauma in some kind of way
  • Options
    I cancelled Disney plus
  • Options
    Is any of it related to mental health @Liam
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Does anyone know of a website I can post a video on. To then share the link to here(the mix)
  • Options
    Not really mental health @Shaunie

Possible trigger warning : 

Some of it could hit home if you have suffered any kind of abuse though, i certainly had to take a break after some of the scenes. I think you'd have to be in a calm mind set to watch it if you're easily triggered. I recommend reading about it online before watching it so you know what to expect. It's really gripping and the acting is brilliant.

• Options
    awww that sucks @GreenTea i went through a phase where i watched nothing but disney plus and tbf, i'm not even such a big fan of disney movies haha 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Not really mental health @Shaunie

Possible trigger warning : 

Some of it could hit home if you have suffered any kind of abuse though, i certainly had to take a break after some of the scenes. I think you'd have to be in a calm mind set to watch it if you're easily triggered. I recommend reading about it online before watching it so you know what to expect. It's really gripping and the acting is brilliant.

Ohh right thank you 
  • Options
    Disney plus was a bit shit tbf. Should get now tv. They have most of Disney plus. Plus more
  • Options
    I'm still searching for the last few seasons of modern family! They only have up to 8 on netflix. Amazon charge a ridiculous amount to watch them, you have to pay per season! 
  • Options
    I know there's lots of Disney films on now tv. Might find one lol wanna watch one with me starlight? Independent? Liam? Anyone else
  • Options
    aye @greentea im down pal
  • Options
    Given myself a headache from crying..
  • Options
    Sucks to be home alone when I need someone.. texted shout though... Now to see what film..
  • Options
    hope they can help
  • Options
    Text them a few times when I end up with truama memories circling my head. They help. 

Finding Nemo or toy story?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    toy story!!!!!!! my faveee disney movie lol
  • Options
    Same. I once watched all 4 in a day
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Find memo will always be my fav. Such nice colours and makes me happy to just look at