Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Body issues

sosotiredsosotired Posts: 1 Just got here
I am struggling with my body. Every time I see particularly my stomach I just hate it. I am not overweight but I feel like I am and I can't get past that. I don't know how to tell anyone or seek help because I don't think it is serious enough to speak to a doctor but I have stopped eating as much and I have become hyper aware of everything I eat but I am not restricting my food so it is probably not important enough but I think it is a problem.

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Thanks for reaching out here! What you're describing is something that you should defo talk about. It sounds like you have a negative image of your body, and that's driving you to make these decisions even though you recognise that you're not overweight. It's one thing to want to improve your body to get healthier etc, it's quite another to restrict your diet because you hate how you look. I think you should talk to someone about it, who can help you address this as well as the underlying negative self-perception, so that you can get back on the right track early on :) arrange an appointment with your GP and use their support, it's good you've picked this up now!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @sosotired and welcome to the mix community!

I can hear that you are having a tough time at the moment with your body image, i'm sending lots of hugs your way because it isn't an easy thing to be experiencing. When we feel a negative way towards ourselves or see ourselves in a certain way it can be really difficult to cope with, but you deserve the support.  <3

Not knowing how to tell anyone or seek help is an understandable feeling, it can be hard reaching out about things that are going on. You are worthy of support and of receiving support, also if you feel it is an issue then it is definitely worth reaching out!  :) 

There are some online resources where you can speak to someone on a 1-2-1 basis, one is BEAT , a great website which offers some really good support on issues with body image and food on a whole range of issues. How would you feel about taking a look at them?

It can feel like a really overwhelming thing to reach out, but you have done really well here and have taken a positive step!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.