Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

IM sorry

Comments

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Sending you hugs Shaunie 💜 I’m really sorry you are hurting and things are not good at the moment. Sucks that you’ve been messed around by health care - think they are a bit confused as to who can go to hospital or not at the moment given corona. Hate it when they say it could be any time as you have to be glued to your phone in case they call... it’s good you have an appointment tho. 

What are you doing tonight? 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you. But my gp seems to be blind to seeing tonsils. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No one fucking believes me about my tonsils omgg. Says my tonsils are not related to my mental health. Well they are in this case

clear as day i have white spots on my tonsils and she just said "no". I bet she coudlnt even see because its on a phone 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    😓😓😓 I so fed up. They ain't helping me and im feeling worse now. Fed up of living like this and no sign of change now
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie I’m sorry to read that you didn’t find the video call very helpful :( 

Have you thought that maybe engaging with mental health services they might be able to come up with a soloution to help ease some of the anxiety around the issue with your tonsils?  I’m not saying you haven’t got a physical problem, but quiet often mental health and can make psychical problems worse .. I know for a fact and I don’t say this often when I’m anxious or upset it makes my bladder issues worse .

Just a thought and big hugs x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Yeah maybe. I said i didn't want mental health services but they referred me anyway but i doubt they will get in contact with me

my gp is completly useless. They don't care at all. How could she even see my tonsils all i did was slightly put my cam to my mouth. With no light. And that's it she was like " no "

not once have they said it's good you're seeking help for this problem. Not once have they reassured me when I'm feeling embarrassed. They just sit there and stare at me, saying nothing, when i Shake and say "it's really embarrassing". 

Why can't they just believe me. They said "if you have white spots on your throat that we can see after lockdown I'll refer you" 😭😭😭😭😭😭 no refer me even if you cant see it cause you know nothing about throats. 

No one understands how paranoid and disabling this is making me. No one is helping me which is giving me no hope and idk how long i can keep trying. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Last year i was still struggling with this but i was too embarrassed to even say on here so i lied about the reasons i want my tonsils removed. I know shouldnt lie. Obviously tonsils dont get rid of gag reflex thats the other thing in mouth that causes gag reflex but yeah didnt know what else to put and clearly is something wrong with my tonsils. This looks like something i am suddenly obsessing over but its not. Its been for awhile been struggling by myself
    But yeah don't want a gag reflex either cause hard to take pills lol

• Options
    I feel like the only thing keeping me alive for tthis year and last year is id seek help for it. And for other one and i did and thats better now. But Now i have and theyre not helping me with this one i have 0 hope and i dont want to live. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I’m sorry to hear how bad you felt the appointment went Shaunie :( it sounds like this is something your really struggling with at the moment and I wish I had a soloution for you 

I know it’s hard especially when it’s an embarrassing problem I guess the only advice o have is to keep telling your GP how much this is affecting you and maybe think about looking at getting help for the mental health side of it 💜

im proud of you for carrying in fighting every day , we’re all proud of you here Shaunie 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Thank you @Millie2787
    But my gp was like "your tonsils don't affect you mental health ". What so I'm lying when i say it is. Most annoying sentance she could of said
  • Options
    This isnt about eating disorder but is in spolier just incase 

because of problem im thinking of not eating AT ALL. Because obviously food causes bacteria in your mouth. And then my gp will have no chioce but to do something as soon as possible with my throat. Or just put me in hospital on.

• Options
    I dont even have an appitate 
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    edited June 2020
    It sounds like you are really frustrated with your doctor because they won't listen to you. You mentioned that your doctor thinks your tonsils don't have an impact on your mental health, despite you feeling that it is having a major impact on your wellbeing. 

I know you mentioned earlier that you were referred to the mental health team, but you didn't want to be. I was wondering if you thought about maybe discussing how you are feeling with them? 

Hope you know you are a really valued member of our community here at The Mix. Stay safe and let us know how you are feeling if you are comfortable doing so!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you !

i finaly have something new to try!  Just had gp phone call and Got oral drops for my mouth. 
  • Options
    I threaten them with starving myself if they dont give me something new to try 😭😂 im totally fucking psycho
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I just tried oral drops this morning. Its for mouth thrush. I take 4 times a day.  

TRIGGER WARNING. DIRTY
    Maybe i could have mouth thrush. From drinking his wee. He gave me vaginal thrush from sex and fingering me without my consent so knows the dirty skank  was clearly dirty
  • Options
    Ah fuck sake. Just googled oral thrush and yeah it looks nothing like that. Plus if was oral thrush the antibiotics wouldn't helped. Fml. Im fed up
  • Options
    JayJJayJ Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Shaunie

I'm really sorry that you're having such a tough time of it right now, big hugs  <3 

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I used to have problems with my throat and tonsils all the time - constantly sore and felt awful. The only thing that helped was gargling salt water as hot as I could stand it - I think it's because its antibacterial or something. Not sure if that's helpful but I thought it was worth a mention. 

Fingers crossed either the drops work or the gp gives a better alternative soon. You sound really fed up and I dont blame you at all - having to fight for doctors to listen to you can be so exhausting. Just remember we're all here for you and sending best wishes  <3
  • Options
    Thank you. But fucking hell. Im going to go mad😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭just got gp phone call for apt on 18th ofer the phone. I fucking need someone to see me face to face. Omggg. I feel like crying then killing myself
  • Options
    I feel like telling them to shove your aapointment if its for my mental health i need someone to fucking look at my tonsils not just ring me😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 and that i will kill myself or not by then but dont need fucking help for mental health just fucking look at my tonsils is all i want
  • Options
    Phone call apt tomorrow😣
  • Options
    So i am really comfused on why my gp is ringing me tomorrow. I had blood tests done. Would it be that or woukd they just prescibe something. Im scared i have diabetes from the time i used to binge and purge. But i don’t know if diabetes would show up on full blood count?  I am still taking acid reflux pills cause tbey think i could have acid reflux from purging. I am nearly finished with the oral medication. So thats something else ive tried thats not worked. And i have nearly finished my acid reflux. It might be cause of the email i sent on friday. I am getting really desperate of ways to forcw them to remove my tonsils. But i don’t know if they will purely for my mental health. I think they should as its quicker than treating my mental health. But i know it might not fix it. But its still worth ago. But in supoort chat it sounded like from others opinion trying to manipluate them and going extreme ways will not get it done. And will either get me section or mental health help not phyiscal so im really stuck. So maybe i should take mental health help. So the mental health team can tell them that its worth a try to remove my tonsils. But how are the mental health team going to be able to hwlp with a physical problem. Theyd just be like yeah wrong serice so i don’t know the point is accpeting that help. They fast tracked me to BPD even tho i said no but ive not heard of them. They said i might need tobe more willing for the help. But wtf. How is a BPD service going to help with my tonsils. Ive literally been under that servic eand had DBT AND occuptional therapy. 

If anyone knows a way to get my gp to refer me please tell me. Otherwise i am going to lie about my symtpoms and tell them my throat hurts and i cant swallow well. 

I also need to tell him i keep getting out of breatj and i think it is because of my tonsils becoming too big. And to not fob me off with anxiety. I will say it nicely though
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Had my phone call and said I'm not picking up my antidepressants enough. lol. Said everytime I've picked it up has been well over a month. Um yeah i must forgot to take it more times than i think. He said i am on the waiting list for ear throat and nose as my tonsils are inflamed but apparently "no white spots"
  • Options
    This is what i just got through the post

• Options
    Fucking hell. He said will i mind it weekly meds and i said yeah. He said ok. So i thought that was it. Wont be weekly. Collected it and it is weekly. Fuck sake. That means going so many times back and forth and i don’t know how i renew it / order the week every shitty week. Do i just ring up. Ffs i havent been on weekly meds for agessss. And i havent overdose for ages too so i don’t know why tbis is happening. I did try to up my antidepressants by mysefl. But yeah it looks like i even forget to even take them regulary by the looks of it. I feel like they think i did it because i felt bad so it was an impluse to up it by myself. I thought it wouldnt make me unwell thats not my fault. I wasnt intentioning trying to harm myself or anything. So annoying
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Im feeling so so dizzy. So i thought shit i didnt ask about blood tests results so just rang gp and they said its literally just came through and that it says to make an appointment tomorrow by ringing at 8 am. So there must be something wrong with them? Otherwise they just leave it and dont say to ring back
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My gp said all my blood tests results was fine except Prolactin was high. And said it is usually from stress and anxiety. Sounds about right. Need to have the test again  in few weeks time
  • Options
    The internet says high levels of prolactin can cause infertility. If i dont kill myself the one thing i really want is to have kids of my own
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    The internet says high levels of prolactin can cause infertility. If i dont kill myself the one thing i really want is to have kids of my own
    I cant even remmeber the last time i had my period. Does this mean im becoming infertile
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie I would try to prevent yourself from Googling about health matters, I know it's tempting but I wouldn't recommend it! The source you are referring to could mean an extreme excess of prolactin whereas you may only have a slight one, that's the trouble with online sources. 

As for periods, they can stop for a whole array of reasons including diet, stress etc. I think it's probably unlikely that you're infertile because of the prolactin but if you are concerned about this then definitely speak to the doctors and they would be happy to talk about it :)   
    Alis propriis volat