Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

saying 'I love you'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

How soon is too soon to say "I love you" or to feel it?

Annii

Comments

• Options
    Erm....you feel it when you feel it and you say it when you feel like saying it. There shuoldn't be any time limits.
  • Options
    There's no time limit on this kinda thing. If you feel it then you feel it. Theres no rule that says it must be said at a specific time... You say it when you feel best and when you know you mean it.

Just to add, i hate when those three little words are used so often they lose all that special meaning... ya know? Or maybe thas just me... *shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT

Just to add, i hate when those three little words are used so often they lose all that special meaning... ya know? Or maybe thas just me... *shrugs*

I agree!I know im only 15 but if i wanted to spend the rest of my life with someone it would be her and i suppose i kinda felt that way before we were going out thats why i said to her i love her.

I think you can luv someone-this is just where you like em more than fancying them but if you love someone its a big thing and you like em so much.
  • Options
    As long as you are quite sure the feeling is mutual, it's never too soon :) just make sure it's special.
  • Options
    you say it when u mean it. whats the point in been fake!

ive said it twice, and have -do mean it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pliskin
    I agree, there is no time limit on it.. If you feel it, say it..

I don't think it's possible for them to lose their meaning.. In my case it's said very often between me and the love of my life.. Every time either of us says it, it's always immediately reciprocated and it always means something special to us..

I think he means when you get 14 year old girls who '"love" someone different every week :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pliskin
    I don't think it's possible for them to lose their meaning.. In my case it's said very often between me and the love of my life.. Every time either of us says it, it's always immediately reciprocated and it always means something special to us..

i agree.

my grandma (a very wise woman) once told me you should tell the people who love how much they mean to you every day, cause one day something might happen, and you want them to know how much they mean.

only she phrased it better.
  • Options
    im 15 and my bf sed he thought he was fallin in love with me after 2 weeks which made me freak a bit, but he eventually told me he did after a month and a couple of weeks after that i said it to him.it was kinda soon i guess but it felt right and i meant it =)
  • Options
    im never saying 'i love you again' and i dont really want to hear it said to me either... because as soon as love comes into the equasion somebody is bound to get hurt, id rather keep it to myself-and just not say it!
  • Options
    Re: saying 'I love you'
    Originally posted by AnnMarie
    Hi

How soon is too soon to say "I love you" or to feel it?

Annii

check this out for more tips... :cool:
  • Options
    I think especially at the beginning of a relationship the whole I love you thing should be kept out of it. It's the hunnymoon phase where everything feels perfect and like nothing could ever come between you. Or at least thats how it should feel. I've been in rels where it hasn't...needless to say they aint lasted long.

If it's said to me early on I just laugh to myself to be honest. It isn't love, lust maybe but nothing more. Me and my fella are just starting to say it to each other now (both been thinking it for a lot longer), 8 months down the line and we're still thinking we've fallen too quickly for each other and when is it all going to go wrong. We've both been hurt badly previously by taking things way too quickly and we don't want to do it again. But fingers crossed we're both happy now and I've got to get through uni before we'll think about anything more serious so thats another 4 years down the line.
  • Options
    If you feel love for someone dont ever neglect to tell them, sure theres always the chace of getting burnt but you never know they could be just waiting to hear you tell them.
  • Options
    You can't love someone too soon. If you love them, you love them. I alwyas think that if you do really love someone you should tell them.

Although, i think saying 'I love you' gets thrown around too much now. People say it all the time to others when they dont mean it, just because they think they want to hear it. It seems to have lost its importance. I would nnever say 'I love you' to someone if i didnt mean it.

I think there are different kinds of love though. Theres a luv that you might say to your friends. A love you have for you family. And then a love thats more meaningful than anything to be shared with your partner.