Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Battleships!

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited May 2020 in General Chat
[UPDATE: GAME OVER - Comment below for future game ideas!]

Me here with another game for you, this time, we are playing the childhood classic, Battleships!

Your targetsCarrier (occupies 5 spaces), Battleship (4), Cruiser (3), Submarine (3), and Destroyer (2).

Where the ships can be placed: The ships are placed vertically or horizontally. Diagonal placement is not allowed.

How to get involved: It's simple, reply to this with a grid reference e.g. A1, and I will let you know if it is a hit or a miss. If it is a hit, you get another guess. If you get it wrong, you will have to wait for someone else to have a guess before you can have another go, so choose wisely :3

I will update the image as guesses come in, and will keep score of who got the hits first. Happy hunting!
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post edited by Ed_ on

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I totally read this as battleshots 🙄😂 

D7 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Ha, something on your mind Bubbles?

Hit straight away! This game may not last long at this rate!

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    D6
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Hit! Going to be sunk before the morning is out at this point :lol:

• Options
    Yes I need to get drunk 🤣
    D5
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I'm sinking without a trace it seems!

• Options
    D8 

SINK ED SINK 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Okkkkkkkkk, now I am starting to think that you all can see my board!

• Options
    edited May 2020
    D4

maybe we can maybe we can’t 
  • Options
    MISS!!!!

Although now I don't know if you missed on purpose to play mind games :lol:

• Options
    G4 🤣
  • Options
    D9 

Maybe I am playing mind games , your never know 

I assume your tell us when we’ve sunk one of your battle ships ? 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    G4 🤣
    Miss!

• Options
    edited May 2020
    D9 

Maybe I am playing mind games , your never know 

I assume your tell us when we’ve sunk one of your battle ships ? 
    Hit! and Sunk!

• Options
    I am the winner 🤣 

E1
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    I 9
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Finally some misses @Millie2787 & @Kasa2103!

My fleet and I may survive the night :3

• Options
    I6 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Not played battleships in so long!!! Why have I only just seen this 
  • Options
    J2
  • Options
    H4
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Millie2787 - Miss!

@GreenTea - Miss! (Also, I'm all about the throwbacks :3 - happy to be of assistance when it comes to nostalgia!)

@Kasa2103 - Miss!

My crew are starting to get into the swing of things now. Live pictures of them avoiding your missiles (PLEASE don't try this at home):

Post edited by Ed_ on

• Options
    Nobody is superman. They are not that lucky so yeah good meme. Don't run into roads. 

D1
  • Options
    Ed_ said:
    @Millie2787 - Miss!

@GreenTea - Miss! (Also, I'm all about the throwbacks :3 - happy to be off assistance when it comes to nostalgia!)

@Kasa2103 - Miss!

My crew are starting to get into the swing of things now. Live pictures of them avoiding your missiles (PLEASE don't try this at home):

Don't you mean "of assistance" instead of "off assistance."
  • Options

Ha, good spot @Kasa2103 - all edited!

• Options
    Ed_ said:

Ha, good spot @Kasa2103 - all edited!
    Haha. Well done. Thank you.
  • Options
    B8
  • Options
    D1
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 - Miss!

@GreenTea - Miss!

• Options
    Ed_ said:
    @Kasa2103 - Miss!

@GreenTea - Miss!

Is a miss a good or bad thing?