Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Late night thinking too much

mimimimi Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
I'm feeling very alone. I have lots of telephone assesments and calls with the doctor and there's always the question "is there anyone you can talk to?". The answer to this has always been no. It's hard to know if this is due to my fear of talking or the lack of people there to listen. 
The question "what do you enjoy doing?" is too often asked upon silence. How can I learn what I enjoy? Maybe it's nothing. 
I feel like my life turns into bleak poetry in my head. I'm lost in my thinking and my thinking is lost. 
How can anyone help me if I don't understand what's wrong?

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited April 2020
    Hi @mimi

It sounds like you are feeling confused with your thoughts at the moment - unsure about how to find the answers to the questions people are asking. I wanted to let you know that that is okay. Allow yourself time to explore your thoughts, to explore your feelings and one day things will start to make a little bit more sense in your mind. Be patient with yourself, because I know you will get there, no matter how far away it might seem right now :heart:

Something that can help is to just write down everything that comes to your mind. It doesn't have to be coherent, in fact for me it never is when I first write it. But that helps me to see all of my jumbled thoughts in front of me, so that I can start to piece them together to make sense of how I feel. You could either do that in a notebook privately, or you could even share your thoughts with us here and we can work through things with you, together. In answer to 'is there anyone you can talk to?', we are here. We will always be here to talk to :heart:
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @mimi and welcome to the community!  :)

I can hear you are feeling really alone at the moment, but at The Mix we will be here for you whenever you need. There are different services that we can offer and you can find more information about these here including a helpline, 1-2-1 chat, group chats on an evening and also a crisis text line if things feel too much.  :)

Is there a form of support that you feel may benefit you the most? 

In terms of what you enjoy it can sometimes be a case of trial and error, to see what you do and don't like, is there anything you have tried previously? or anything you would like to start maybe? Things like baking, colouring, meditation and crafts can be a good place to start, but it's down to your preferences.  :)

It sounds like you feel like you become lost in your thinking, and that it ends up being lost. These feelings are okay to experience and it's important to remember that they are completely valid, although its understandable that they may be really horrible to be going through.  Do you want to talk more about some of the things you are thinking about?  <3

You have taken a really positive step to reach out, so big well done for that!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.