Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My mum is my hero.

finnfinn Posts: 12 Settling in
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
My mum has never had it easy,

Kicked cancers arse twice in her life time, Once as a child and once more recently. 

She lost her battle with covid yesterday afternoon, she gave it a bloody good fight but just wasn’t strong enough.

This isn’t a pity post but it is a pleading post. I didn't think COVID would get so close to home, I thought “ah, that won’t happen to me”. It did. No one is immune and covid19 doesn’t discriminate. 

Mum was stubborn and independent, she wanted to do the big shop despite me and my siblings offering but that’s all it took and now she is gone. I can’t go to comfort my dad but I am thankful that my sister is there for him. 

Please stay at home, only leave when it is absolutely essential, Please don’t visit your friends or family. If you are shopping for your parents or grandparents, leave it on their door step.

I haven’t seen mum in weeks and I never got to say goodbye or I love you.

I pray this is over soon, it doesn’t feel like real life.

please stay home and stay safe.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    I'm so sorry for your loss <3 
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm so sorry 😔💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm sorry for your loss 💜 we are here for you 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Sorry for your loss <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey Finn,

Welcome to the community  <3.  It's nice to have you here with us! 

Oh gosh! Thanks for sharing with us about your Mum. Echoing everyone here, we are so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one, especially a mum is one of the hardest things to go through. You're not alone, there is a lot of support and understanding to be found here. 

Your Mum sounds like an amazing person! She beat cancer twice!?! She must of had so much resilience. When and if you are ready, we would love to hear more about her. 

I'm sorry you didn't get to say goodbye to her - that is one of the worst things about Covid-19 it isolates as well as takes lives. Have you thought much about what you might have said to her? Writing it down can help sometimes. 

I hope your finding this space helpful, and reach out if you need anything.

Be kind to yourself at the moment. 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Finn,

Im so sorry to hear about your mum my lovely 💓 But she sounded like such a super strong and amazing woman - my mum beat cancer twice to so I should imagine you mum was even more amazing.

I know it must of hurt not being able to say goodbye, I work in a care home and we’ve had one lady pass away and it hurt us that her son wasn’t able to say goodbye but I know the staff have been working hard at the hospitals to make sure someone sits with them and holds there hand , to make sure that there not alone.

when I lost my Nanna one thing I found really helpful was to write letters to her and I would either post them to a made up addresses (like heaven for example ) or I was tie it to a ballon and let it off.

In terms of being there for your dad is there any way you can FaceTime him or send him an email to let him know your there. Come to think of it at the Moment there’s an App called Free Prints cards that you can download onto your phone and send a card completely free (you don’t even have to pay postage ) direct to the house.

right now and I know it seems selfish you need to focus on making sure that you don’t bottle your things up , if you find things are getting overwhelming then reach out , you can use the Support services here or others that you may come across.

Sending you so much love 

Aimee <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Sending you huge virtual hugs @finn I'm so sorry for your loss <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi @finn,

Oh my goodness I’m so sorry for your loss. Soooooooo many people aren’t taking COVID seriously enough and don’t realise how much it’s affecting families who have lost someone. That will be with lots of people long after this pandemic is over. Not getting to say goodbye is horrible.

Look after yourself and always remember you can post here if you need it :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”