Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How Good is your Friday?

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster

Hey all, I enjoyed chatting to you on Saturday so thought it would be fun to start another thread today. What are your plans for the Easter Weekend? Any top tips for enjoying the sunshine whilst social distancing? Let me know :)
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited April 2020
    Today we chill. Probably sit out the front of the house to get some sunshine.
    Friday is house party night too.. so my housemates and I all get drunk and play games in the living room, just to try make things feel more normal

@Ed_ what are you doing today and for Easter weekend?
    Post edited by GreenTea on
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Was meant to work today but have a fever due to an infection so got sent home as a precaution 🙄 and might have to be off for 2 weeks so my Friday ain't that good 🙃 got another virtual movie night with my nephew tomorrow (we're gonna be watching dumbo) so hopefully that picks my mood up. No idea what I should be doing today though, feel like I need to do something productive cause I'm in a productive mood as I was meant to be working. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    It could be worse, i normally work bank hoildays so i guess im not dreading that. 
    I need to go out later for a few essentials   But atleasst its a reason to have a shower

. I thought i woudnt get into bad habit. because i normally have a shower everyday whether i go out or not but since this lockdown ive been skipping showers and pretty dirty. So hopefullywill feel better after a shower. Then the weekend my sister is off work so will probably sit in the garden with her or go for a walk. 
    And i need to pluck my eyebrows lol. And i want to try to finish my jigsaw this weekend
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Friday is house party night too.. so my housemates and I all get drunk and play games in the living room, just to try make things feel more normal

Sounds like a decent plan @GreenTea :3 it's nice to try and maintain normality throughout this period.

I'm not 100% sure of my plans, am working a few days and will probably have a go at planting some veg at some point. I had grand plans for DIY, however it looks like the stuff I need I can't get delivered so may have to put that on hold!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Ed_ said:
    GreenTea said:

Sounds like a decent plan @GreenTea :3 it's nice to try and maintain normality throughout this period.

I'm not 100% sure of my plans, am working a few days and will probably have a go at planting some veg at some point. I had grand plans for DIY, however it looks like the stuff I need I can't get delivered so may have to put that on hold!

Good luck with your veg planting!
    Shame about not being able to get delivery :( hopefully you can soon!
    Was meant to work today but have a fever due to an infection so got sent home as a precaution 🙄 and might have to be off for 2 weeks so my Friday ain't that good 🙃 got another virtual movie night with my nephew tomorrow (we're gonna be watching dumbo) so hopefully that picks my mood up. No idea what I should be doing today though, feel like I need to do something productive cause I'm in a productive mood as I was meant to be working. 
    Hope you feel better soon Bubbles :3 which Dumbo are you watching, the original or the remake? I haven't seen the new one, though can't remember if I heard good or bad things about it! How do you have virtual movie nights? Hope you have popcorn!

Shaunie said:
    It could be worse, i normally work bank hoildays so i guess im not dreading that. 
    I need to go out later for a few essentials   But atleasst its a reason to have a shower

. I thought i woudnt get into bad habit. because i normally have a shower everyday whether i go out or not but since this lockdown ive been skipping showers and pretty dirty. So hopefullywill feel better after a shower. Then the weekend my sister is off work so will probably sit in the garden with her or go for a walk. 
    And i need to pluck my eyebrows lol. And i want to try to finish my jigsaw this weekend
    I hear you on getting into bad habits, I have found it hard to seperate the days, and have to think quite hard to remember when we closed the offices and started working from home. Have you considered some kind of journaling to help with routine? Even having a little daily checklist on the phone and writing down a few good things that happened on that day can help you stick to your routine...

What jigsaw are you doing at the moment?

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2020
    I have just used the vulnerable shopping slot at Tesco as our young carers team have organised for us to be able to use and and I cannot fault then they was so so so helpful , gave me a sunflower lanyard when I arrived in store and the manager asked me if I needed her to help me with my shopping and that if I needed any assistance then to just ask one of the member staff of staff for her and she was come and help me .... then popped into M&S and got some daffodils for my mums birthday today and got a free Easter egg for being a key worker and we’ve got a fish and chip late lunch for a special birthday treat for mumma 
    Post edited by Millie2787 on
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Really glad that Tesco's were able to provide that slot for you and other young carers. So important :3

Sounds like a really lovely Friday and happy birthday to your mum. Now all I can think about is fish and chips :lol:

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm enjoying a spot of sunshine in the garden at the moment, Easter weekend we're getting high on Easter eggs, having a party Saturday (don't panic it's my household we use party as an excuse to overeat on party food 😂)

And Sunday is roast dinner day.

I've got all my games down(uno, what do you meme which is very funny, cards against humanity, Yahtzee, monopoly,n agame of life) so we can have some game fun :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m having a pretty good Friday, feeling really positive this morning for the first time in ages. Got 75% on a piece of coursework, done a bit of uni work. Now I plan to go play some badminton in the garden with my sister and maybe do some crafts later. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Ed_ said:
    Hope you feel better soon Bubbles :3 which Dumbo are you watching, the original or the remake? I haven't seen the new one, though can't remember if I heard good or bad things about it! How do you have virtual movie nights? Hope you have popcorn!
    Thanks 😊 we're watching the remake, basically we both watch it while on Facebook call 😂 sadly I don't like popcorn, but will have munchies! 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Ed_ said:
    Really glad that Tesco's were able to provide that slot for you and other young carers. So important :3

Sounds like a really lovely Friday and happy birthday to your mum. Now all I can think about is fish and chips :lol:

It’s taken out young carers team 3 weeks to get to this stage 😅 Now they’ve just got to convince other supermarkets as I have to travel out to get to Tesco 

Hahah I’ll enjoy my fish and chips later ;) I say that I’ve got mozzarella sticks and chips 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Supposed to be 23 degrees later where I am. Can't wait to soak up some sun
    Laine said:
    I'm enjoying a spot of sunshine in the garden at the moment, Easter weekend we're getting high on Easter eggs, having a party Saturday (don't panic it's my household we use party as an excuse to overeat on party food 😂)

And Sunday is roast dinner day.

I've got all my games down(uno, what do you meme which is very funny, cards against humanity, Yahtzee, monopoly,n agame of life) so we can have some game fun :)
    Love a good game of Monopoly, however it's brave of you all to play when you can't leave the house! :lol:  

Dandelion said:
    I’m having a pretty good Friday, feeling really positive this morning for the first time in ages. Got 75% on a piece of coursework, done a bit of uni work. Now I plan to go play some badminton in the garden with my sister and maybe do some crafts later. 
    Does that make it a pretty good, good Friday ;) Awesome news on the result with that coursework, congrats! What are you studying? Great to hear that things are on the up at the moment, what do you think will help to keep things feeling positive?

Ed_ said:
    Thanks 😊 we're watching the remake, basically we both watch it while on Facebook call 😂 sadly I don't like popcorn, but will have munchies! 
    MUNCHIES! You guys are really not helping me here, first fish and chips (and mozarella sticks) from @Millie2787, now munchies - that's filling up a significant amount of my available headspace at the moment 😂

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    My Friday's going great @Ed_ :+1:  I've been in the garden all morning with the tortoises and trying to teach my dog to play fetch (he is hopeless). Now I've gone inside to do some revision and will probably video call with my friends later!
    Alis propriis volat 
    I mean we do like to please @Ed_ 😂😂 I think next time you go shopping you need to stock up

Ed_ said:
    Shaunie said:

I hear you on getting into bad habits, I have found it hard to seperate the days, and have to think quite hard to remember when we closed the offices and started working from home. Have you considered some kind of journaling to help with routine? Even having a little daily checklist on the phone and writing down a few good things that happened on that day can help you stick to your routine...

Ive had a shower and over plucked my eyebrows lol🙃everytimee. Now sitting in the garden with teddy but really hot
    The jigsaw is dogs on a bench
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Ed_ said:
    Dandelion said:
    Does that make it a pretty good, good Friday ;) Awesome news on the result with that coursework, congrats! What are you studying? Great to hear that things are on the up at the moment, what do you think will help to keep things feeling positive?
    I study Biomedical Science. I don’t know what will keep things positive I don’t really know what I did differently today, I just hope it stays this way 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    My Friday's going great @Ed_ :+1:  I've been in the garden all morning with the tortoises and trying to teach my dog to play fetch (he is hopeless). Now I've gone inside to do some revision and will probably video call with my friends later!
    Ha, first time I read that, I thought you were trying to get your dog to play fetch with the tortoises. May be quite a dangerous game for the Tortoises, and quite a slow one for the dog :lol:

Hope the revision is going okay, we have a spotify playlist for studying that the community pulled together if that is helpful :3

@Ed_ just thought I’d let you know the fish and chips was yummy ;)
    Shaunie said:
    Ed_ said:
    Shaunie said:

Ive had a shower and over plucked my eyebrows lol🙃everytimee. Now sitting in the garden with teddy but really hot
    The jigsaw is dogs on a bench
    Ha, if ever I need motivation never to pluck my eyebrows, I will remember this thread :) Hope the jigsaw is going well, post a picture in your thread when it is finished :+1:

Dandelion said:
    Ed_ said:
    Dandelion said:
    I study Biomedical Science. I don’t know what will keep things positive I don’t really know what I did differently today, I just hope it stays this way 
    Ah nice, I always enjoyed medicinal chemistry, found the whole process fascinating :)

An idea similar to what I suggested to @Shaunie - may be worth noting down 3 good things each day in a diary or journal, as this may help you work out what is boosting your mood, and also is a nice thing to look back on positive memories. They don't need to be big things, and in some respects, the more we value the small things during the day the better. I seem to remember @Millie2787
     used to do this quite a bit.

I'm sure others in the community will also have ideas of things we can do to keep up good self-care <3

@Ed_ just thought I’d let you know the fish and chips was yummy ;)
    That's just cruel :lol: though glad it was good :)

Ahhh @Ed_ I did use to do that , it was something my CAMHS worker got me to start doing , she used to get me to do it at the end of the day as I found it hard to switch off, use to Litreally be little things like the birds were out today or I got to speak to a friend , never used to have to be anything big.

Me cruel never I just thought you’d wanna know it was yummy ;) 
    Ah nice insights Aimee, thanks for sharing :3

I'm logging off for today, but have really appreciated you all keeping me company! Do keep sharing away in this thread if it is helpful :+1:

Till the next time!

How good is your saturday and sunday ? Lol 
    i kinda wanna bake but havent got the ingredients.

im also going to finist watching The Nest. Has anyone watched it? I quite like it 
    Couldn't manage the munchies (damn brain) but the film was sooo good! :)

today i'm just doing some tidying up before I go back to work tomorrow (hopefully) already taken some prn so might need a nap later as well :lol: