Home Fix The Mix
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

What benefits do you get from using The MIx?

ConnorConnor Posts: 388 Community Manager
Hey all,

As you may or may not know, I am the new Online Community Officer for The Mix. As a way of getting to know what you all like about the community and finding out more about what you use the community for, I'd like to ask you "What benefits do you get from using The Mix?". Specifically i'd like to ask you:

• What do you like about the community and forums?
  • What do you get out of visiting The Mix?
  • What areas do you use on The Mix and why?

These can be as detailed as you feel comfortable with, I'm just curious to read what you all have to say!  :)

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,589 Community Veteran
    what I like about the community and forums is the kinda family feel it has going on? like we have a good little community here and I come here when im struggling and looking for advice, but also to share the good stuff too and I think that's important for others to see as well, like even though living with mental health or depending on what people use the site for, there are good times too... I like the mix cause you guys have seen me through some really dark times, but your also there to celebrate with me when I achieve something. I like how theres a load of information on here, like alternative to self harm (which should be a pinned topic btway :lol:  ) 

I get a sense of understanding, like people who have been through similar situations. its somewhere i come even just from a distraction from my thoughts. I can get answers that work instead of the generic have a cuppa or take a bath.

I use the boards and chat mainly, for looking for support , supporting others or just as a distraction, I use the get support and your voices tab up top to get info Im looking for.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Jade09Connor