Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated subforum .

Happy international women's day!

AidanAidan PotatoPosts: 1,552 Postholic
Happy international women's day everyone! International women's day is the day each year we celebrate the achievements of women and raise awareness of inequalities that exist today.

A few of the inequalities might be how in the UK the average woman earns less than the average man despite a higher level of education, or how millions of women across the world still don't have access to education or contraception.

What's something women have better now than when you were born/younger?

What's something you want to see happen in your lifetime for gender equality?
Jade09

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea The moonPosts: 1,870 Postholic
    Thank you for doing this thread! I was literally thinking of making one but you beat me to it!
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 121 The Mix convert
    I would like to see an international mens day in my lifetime
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • AidanAidan Potato Posts: 1,552 Postholic
    International men's day is 19th of November I believe!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The moonPosts: 1,870 Postholic
    Yes it's November 19th for international men's day
    Oh really, I never heard of that
    edited March 8
    I wish there was more equality, like not discriminating on gender, no toxic masculinity, same wages when they do the same job and had the same background (I think this is already the case here but I don't know elsewhere)
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,150 Ultimate Poster
    something I would like to see in my lifetime is girls being allowed in the Junior Squad for UHA … I understand woman aint allowed in the adults one, its tradition and all that, which I understand and want to keep it that way, but the junior one is for kids, telling a 8 year old their not allowed in the squad cause their a girl, what message is that sending?
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''