Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

School Anxiety

KallyJKallyJ Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi new here, I appear to be suffering from School anxiety, I cry every day, my friends have left me and the two friends I have left I feel like a burden to. It has gotten to the stage where I can’t even attempt to be in class because I know I will cry, people think I’m fat and ugly because I like different things from them, I’m into cosplay/anime/manga and musicals. I just feel so alone and isolated, I don’t know how to overcome this feeling and deal with my emotions and I can’t deal with school. Sorry, K

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

I'm so sorry you are struggling with school anxiety. I went through something similar when I was younger. I'm wondering if you can think of anything that might've brought this on for you? For me, I really struggled with the transition between primary school and secondary school. I found the change in environment and social side of things really difficult to deal with and I missed primary school a lot. So I would get anxious and cry every morning before school. I never had many friends, and like you, felt a burden to those that stuck around. I also got bullied and liked different things. I didn't realise it at the time but I was struggling a lot, possibly because I might be autistic. 

You aren't a burden to your friends. You are struggling and that's okay- it doesn't make you a burden. Have you tried talking to your friends about how you feel? They might not know that you feel like a burden and they should try to reassure you that you aren't and encourage you to reach out for help. Otherwise, it sounds like maybe you could do with some new friends. It seems like you have a few interests, such as anime and musicals. Maybe you can find others in school who like the same things you do? Or any clubs inside or outside of school that you can join that are related to your interests? Your interests sound great so don't let anyone tell you otherwise! 

How come people think you are fat and ugly? Is this something that you think others think about you or is this something that someone has said about you? Sometimes when we think badly of ourselves, we may think that others think this way about us too. But it's not true and more often just a reflection of how we feel inside. However, if someone has said that you are fat and ugly, then it's best that you tell the teacher about what is going on and try to avoid those who say such things about you. You are good enough, just the way you are <3 

Do your teachers or parents know how you are feeling? School can be difficult at times but it sounds like you are struggling a lot at the moment and maybe you could do with some extra support. It can be hard opening up to others (especially, if like me, you find talking about things difficult) but you shouldn't have to go through this alone. Maybe try writing a note or a letter to someone you trust and see if they can help you? As Aidan said, you can get counselling or medication, but you can also get support from the school as well, depending on your needs. 

You might feel alone, but know that you aren't. You are also more than welcome to continue using the discussion boards or contact our team directly https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team for one-to-one support, if you feel it helps <3 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Heya, sorry you feel this way, it sounds awful! School can be like that, and people can be mean if they don't like something about you (conformity is powerful!), but that doesn't mean that you're doing anything wrong in any way. True friends will stay by you even if they don't like something about you, and it sounds like you have two friends that have done that, so hold on to them! If the others left you over something so superficial, they probably weren't good friends of yours anyways. 

I'm really glad that you've come here and spoken about it, and hope it helped to get it off your chest somewhat. Sometimes even talking about it can make us feel a little better. Keep doing what you're doing - musicals and manga are awesome and defo show you're a person who can appreciate creativity! - and stay strong in what you believe in. Don't waste your time on people who don't care for you, and instead cherish the people that care and things you enjoy <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello, 
    Just wanted to pop by and say welcome to the mix. I'm sorry you are struggling with school anxiety.
    I'm glad you have come here to reach out. I hope we can offer you some advice and support.
    Hope are you doing at the moment?