Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thoughts dying

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited February 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
Do PTSD usually make u have thoughts of dying. And today I nearly hurt myself. Everyone is concerned why?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited February 2020
    This sounds really hard @ellie2000. :( PTSD can impact you in lots of different ways, and it's not uncommon for people experiencing PTSD to also be depressed and/or have thoughts of dying.

When you nearly hurt yourself yesterday, was it accidental or deliberate?

It's hard to say exactly why people would be concerned around you ellie, but I imagine the general reason is that they care about you and they're worried for your wellbeing. Particularly if you were at risk of harm in some way.

If you're having immanent thoughts of dying, remember you can get in touch with Samaritans by calling 116 123, or by emailing jo@samaritans.org. You can also get in touch with The Mix's Crisis Messenger by texting 'THEMIX' to 85258.

You're not alone. :) It's brave of you to be talking here.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Deliberate
    Crazy mad insane
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Ellie :heart:

Just wanted to let you know that we all care about you here :heart:

Sending hugs to you, how are you feeling today? :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "