Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anxiety- A Poem

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
Thoughts race through my mind
Feeling anxious
Panicking
Crying 
Silently 
Or out loud
Anxiety is no joke
Not knowing what to do
Or who to tell
I can't cope
Staying silent
Staying hidden
I want to be alone
But nobody understands 
Anxiety can't be seen
But that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist
It is in your mind
It can be felt.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    edited January 2020
    Hey @Kasa2103

It sounds like you're really struggling with your anxiety right now. Is there a situation in particular that's making you feel this way?

Well done for sharing your thoughts and feelings here - poetry is a great way to understand and work through complex emotions. Your writing is lovely, you're so so creative. If this is a productive way for you to express your struggles, I'd encourage you to keep at it. We're all here to listen and to support you through this. 

Stay strong <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Thank you for being so kind and understanding. Today my anxiety got triggered during dance when I had to perform my dance piece to the class. And also before we started doing our pieces we were discussing what we thought the theme was about. The teacher deliberately picked on me to speak about it. I wanted the ground to swallow me.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous