Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Recovery wins

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
Recovery is a roller-coaster, we all know that, the mix has loads of places for support during recovery, but I think we need a place for our recovery wins too 😊 there are some good things and when I do something to better my recovery I feel proud, so here's somewhere we can celebrate together 😊
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Like today, I just ate a salted caramel treat without checking the calories 💃
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    This is a very lovely thread to start, thank you @BubblesGoesBoo :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Binned my pill stash, can I get a hell yeahh? 💃😂 It may look like a lot but I was on 3x a week dispense so really it's just tons of little boxes 🤷‍♀️

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Been like two days since i took a body check picture. (That makes me sound like vain obessed person- just ED im not vain btw lol 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    This is a great thread idea! @BubblesGoesBoo Thank you for sharing it with us all!  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Lovely thread! Huge well done everybody :)
    Attempted a full day at work today, but it was getting a bit much so spoke to my manager to come home, the plan next week is to do 2  half days and 2 full days so I'm not jumping straight back into full time 😊 we'll build it up when we see how I get on.. 

Basically the recovery win here is a spoke up before things got too much and I done something destructive 👌 
    Just finished a selection box I got for Christmas 💪 might not seem like a lot but it's the first time I've finished one in years, even though it took me like 2 months 😂 and yes, I did have chocolate for breakfast 👌😂
    Yesterday I ate pancakes.. Not because I was forced, but because I wanted them! For so many years I was afraid of pancake day, especially if someone else had made them and they weren't my mams low calorie ones (my dad's diabetic so we don't use sugar) but yesterday I was the one suggesting getting pancakes, something both scary and satisfying. I could hear my brain screaming 'what are you doing' but I went ahead and ate them anyway 💃

just realized this, but someone knocked on my door this morning and my first thought wasn't 'shit, the police' it was 'whos that' like the police didn't even come into my mind, really starting to feel free-er now :)
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I took a moment to appreciate how far I've come. It made me a bit emotional when I realised that i was 100% recovered from my past eating disorder. I can't beleive I did it 
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I'm not fainting a lot anymore
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    Even though I went over my meal plan earlier cause of mam lying to me, im still having my set plan for denner :)
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    I just went to the shop and didn't have a panic attack when they were out of the only safe brand of custard (custard is legit my only safe food). Instead, I calmly picked up another and even though it was higher calorie, bought it! Whether I eat it is a whole new matter... 
    xx
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    I've found liquid calories are easier for me to intake and don't feel as much like shit after intaking them. Still not great but an improvement I never thought I'd make
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Cooked for a group of people and managed to eat some dinner last night In front of them!

got out of bed and done some cleaning :)
    Getting discharged tomorrow!!!! 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Great thread @BubblesGoesBoo☺️
    I'm homeeee, I've gone from 3:1 obs to home in the space of 2 months and I could not be prouder of myself, smashing this recovery malarkey 💖
  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    my win today is that I actually spoke to my parents about mental health without freaking out. I didn't go deep but I did it.