Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alexa

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
My Alexa came earlier so I just set it up. Who else has one? What are some of the good things you say to your Alexa?

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2020
    Hey :) 

Ive got one mainly I use it for my music playlists you can link your Apple Music , deezer or Spotify to her .... but if you look through the app there’s a section on call skills and games I think and it has all the things and games etc you can get Alexa to do , I also got her to sing me happy birthday  :# You can also link her to your contacts and you can ring them from her ... if they have an Alexa themselves you can get the Alexas to ring each other 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Don't call Alexa a twat. I did that once lol

Ask it to tell a joke!
  • Options
    Haha I just did that called Alexa a twat and she said I can give feedback🤣
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Alexa pull my finger 

(lol) 

I like asking Alexa to sing me a song too
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Alexa is a great music player, which is what I use mine for most of the time. If you cook as well Alexa is super handy at setting timers/creating lists.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2020
    Idk lol gunna be no use but feel like saying it anyway. 
    My family have two Alexa's and i refuse to speak to it at all. So when i want it to do something i ask my sister to ask her 😂. I don’t know what it is, i guess its speaking to a robot lol. But i couldnt be bothered to do it the first time my family had it. So then the second time they asked me felt like too much attention & pressure on me and i get shy lol so never will speak to alexa and my family take the piss out of me lol. I asked for a speaker for christmas and my dad Jokely said he will get me an alexa lol would be worst present to give me. 

But my family ask it to play music or ask the time. Or if need an umberella today
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe not one to try out incase it calls 999. But guess useful to know cause alexa is probably quicker than calling emergancy services then waiting for them

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    Maybe not one to try out incase it calls 999. But guess useful to know cause alexa is probably quicker than calling emergancy services then waiting for them

Yeahhhh only say this phrase in an emergency my sister did it to hers last night and it rings 999 😅
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Alexa, red pill or blue pill?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Alexa burp or fart 🤣 I find this so funny!
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Alexa, can you rap for me?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    I got an Alexa for Christmas. Can't even work out how to set it up. Got the Alexa app (well my mum does.) My friend has an Alexa and it can say these things:

Announcement
    Drop in "Echo Dot 1, 2 or 3"
    What is the weather forecast
    Play [name of a song]
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Ask her to do a duet with Ed Sheeran :tongue:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    Found something on YouTube:

Alexa, what is 100 in Welsh? 
    Alexa, what is Boris Johnson carrots 100 in Welsh?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous