Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sertraline

2»

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I just want someone to care about me and not hate me
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    We care about you, and are here for you. :heart:

Keep posting if it's helping, 

Take good care :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy how are you doing today greentea? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Really struggling. Still not sleeping. Losing weight. Depressed. Anxious. Dirty
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @GreenTea

Sorry to hear that you are really struggling at the moment and that you are feeling depressed and anxious, that isn't an easy thing to be going through so sending big hugs your way!

You mentioned that you feel dirty, do you want to talk more about this? Is it a physical or mental feeling that you are experiencing?  :)

Not sleeping would most definately not be helping with how you are feeling at the minute, have you found anything yet that helps with your sleep?  <3

Keep talking to us  <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Physical. I don't have the energy to shower. Don't feel like I deserve to take care of myself @Jade09
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @GreenTea

It can definitely be difficult sometimes to take care of ourselves when in a bad frame of mind, and you mentioned that you feel like you don't deserve to take care of yourself which again is a completely understandable feeling. You aren't alone in feeling this way and its okay! It's important to not beat yourself up about it because you are trying the best you can.  <3

It can be helpful if you are struggle to have the energy to shower, to do other smaller tasks such as washing yourself or cleaning your teeth etc. This can make it a little more manageable and easier to approach. Is this something you feel that you may be able to try?  :)
    I hate this i hate this
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @GreenTea

Just wanted to pop on to send you some hugs and let you know we are here for you and care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Stephanie said:
    Hey @GreenTea

Just wanted to pop on to send you some hugs and let you know we are here for you and care about you :heart:
    Same <3 
    how are you doing green tea?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    😭😭 not coping
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @GreenTea

Just wanted to send hugs <3 and see how you were doing? I'm really sorry to hear you have been struggling recently. Did you manage to get back to the doctors to speak to them about how you were feeling?

I noticed you mentioned that you do kinda know what's been triggering you. Do you want to talk any more about that? 

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    I don't want to talk about it because it's horrible and I don't want to trigger others.

Really struggling to manage my emotions at the moment. I feel really all over the place and frustrated with myself constantly.
    Trying to focus on my job and friends and my mental health, but issues keep popping up and I'm just fed up. Just want to live happy for even just a day
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @GreenTea I just wanted to pop in and say I really hope things start getting better for you soon. <3

It makes sense that you wouldn't want to talk about something that's upsetting you, it's very considerate of you to not want to trigger others. If you decide you do want to talk about what you're dealing with there are a lot of great services out there that give you someone you can talk to anonymously. Feel free to let me know if you want any more information about services like that I'd be happy to help.

I think it's understandable that you'd feel frustrated with yourself especially when your emotions are all over the place like you mentioned. Just try not to beat yourself up too much and remember there are always gonna be things out of your control. Is there anything specific that's frustrating yourself at the moment? Remember that you can always feel free to talk on the boards about what's bothering you even if you just want somewhere to vent. :)