Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New badges!

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2019 in General Chat
We've created some shiny new badges ready for you all to earn, hopefully with more on the way. :)

10 Surveys

Sometimes we ask for your feedback on things, but we realised there isn't always much incentive for you guys to complete those surveys. So we've created a badge for completing 10 pieces of feedback, and we'll likely create ones for 20, 40, etc. as we need them.

The forms that count towards this badge as of December 2019 are:

Any one-time surveys we send around will also contribute to this. For example, the user impact survey that usually appears around Summer (the one that gives you a chance of winning an Amazon voucher).

Note: the feedback forms need to be fully completed, and we need to know it's you. If you'd prefer to stay anonymous, please do that - we'd rather you're comfortable in being honest than make yourself uncomfortable for the sake of a badge. :)

Christmas Elf 2019

Those of you taking part in the Christmas Elves competition this year will receive this automatically.

Co-Creator

This one has been around a while, but I don't think it was announced. In any case, here it is. You can earn this badge by participating in co-creation sessions, which are group chats where you can design new parts of The Mix with us. Keep an eye on the boards for opportunities to come to those.

----
As I said, we're hoping to have more new badges on the way. We want to start making more use of custom badges and reward you guys more for being helpful and amazing in all the ways you are.

Let us know what you think below, and feel free to put forward your own ideas for future badges. We already have a few ideas of our own and we won't necessarily create new ones quickly, but any suggestions will go into a jar for us to look at when we next want to add more. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Is there a badge for post of the month winners? Idk if there is one. If not that would be cool
    Nvm. It's a thing
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    @GreenTea said:
    Is there a badge for post of the month winners? Idk if there is one. If not that would be cool
    Yup! It currently looks like this:

Oops 🙃 now I feel stupid haha
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Wow thats cool and thanks x
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

edited January 2020
    Just updating this with the new badges added following the Christmas Quiz.

We went back to every quiz in 2019 and awarded these to those who hosted or won. If you earned either of these badges before 2019, you can request the badge by clicking on it on someone else's profile. :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    Mike said:
    Co-Creator
    This one has been around a while, but I don't think it was announced. In any case, here it is. You can earn this badge by participating in co-creation sessions, which are group chats where you can design new parts of The Mix with us. Keep an eye on the boards for opportunities to come to those.

Don't suppose you can say more about this one ? And where about s on the boards would you annouce it?  In group chats or community vioce?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Mike said:
    Co-Creator

Don't suppose you can say more about this one ? And where about s on the boards would you annouce it?  In group chats or community vioce?

Sure thing @Shaunie. :)

As a general rule, The Mix is always trying to involve young people in the creation and development of its services. Sometimes that means a face-to-face workshop session generating ideas and getting feedback, and sometimes that might happen online in the form of a group chat.

We'll almost always announce these sorts of things in Community Voice. Sometimes we might post in Group Chat Announcements, move to Community Voice and leave a direct just to cover both areas. It might also be worth keeping an eye on our social media.

As with the others, if you think you've already earned it you can request this badge. :)