You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Elf us out this Christmas
Christmas & New Year can be the best or worst time of year. Every Christmas, we have a tradition where we ask you to go the extra mile to help look after the community as Christmas Elves. This year, we're asking for your help again.
What can elves do to help?
There are lots of things you can do as an elf to help make the community the most friendliest and supportive place! Here's a few ideas:
- Joining a new community can be daunting and a little bit intimidating too. Elves look out for new users in chat and on the boards and make sure they get a warm welcome, helping them to settle in.
- Ever had that feeling that no one has noticed your thread? Elves look out for threads that haven't had a reply and they have a go at responding if they can - it's not always about giving amazing advice but just letting someone know you've listened. Offering a hug or letting someone know you're thinking of them can be a great start and it bumps that thread back up to the top to help it get noticed.
- Look out for people needing some extra support in the Christmas ranty and hugs threads.
- Report spam!
- Report posts where you think a mod needs to come and help out.
- Share your positive messages for other members.
- Create a Christmas Avatar (thread coming soon). If you've not done it already then now's the time!
- Nominate posts for 'Post of The Month'. We'll put up our December poll at the beginning of Jan. Remember, you can nominate a post by clicking the 'Flag' button at the bottom of the post and selecting 'Post of The Month' as the reason.
- Start a new thread to keep people chatting
over Christmas. Distraction can be great when Christmas at home is a
bit of a chore. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Christmas card thread (where we can all share our Christmas greetings with each other)
- Christmas happy/good times sharing thread
- Baking thread
- Christmas support thread
- Gift ideas thread
- Favourite Christmas music / films
- Christmas tree photo thread
- New Years support thread
In early January, the team will be looking at what you've been doing and who's been most active. There will be prizes for the busiest elves - either Mix merch or some other goodies. Comment below to officially enter the Christmas Elves prize pool.
Obviously, if you don't want to do that your help is still hugely appreciated - everyone who posts over the holidays is helping make the community more welcoming and supportive.
Let's all look out for one another and make sure those who struggle with Christmas have somewhere to go.
Mike & the team
We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.