You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Elf us out this Christmas

The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,491 Community Managers
edited November 16 in It's Christmas & New Year
Hey Mixlorians!

Christmas & New Year can be the best or worst time of year. Every Christmas, we have a tradition where we ask you to go the extra mile to help look after the community as Christmas Elves. This year, we're asking for your help again.

What can elves do to help?

There are lots of things you can do as an elf to help make the community the most friendliest and supportive place! Here's a few ideas:
  • Joining a new community can be daunting and a little bit intimidating too. Elves look out for new users in chat and on the boards and make sure they get a warm welcome, helping them to settle in.
  • Ever had that feeling that no one has noticed your thread? Elves look out for threads that haven't had a reply and they have a go at responding if they can - it's not always about giving amazing advice but just letting someone know you've listened. Offering a hug or letting someone know you're thinking of them can be a great start and it bumps that thread back up to the top to help it get noticed.
  • Look out for people needing some extra support in the Christmas ranty and hugs threads.
  • Report spam!
  • Report posts where you think a mod needs to come and help out.
  • Share your positive messages for other members.
  • Create a Christmas Avatar (thread coming soon). If you've not done it already then now's the time!
  • Nominate posts for 'Post of The Month'. We'll put up our December poll at the beginning of Jan. Remember, you can nominate a post by clicking the 'Flag' button at the bottom of the post and selecting 'Post of The Month' as the reason.
  • Start a new thread to keep people chatting over Christmas. Distraction can be great when Christmas at home is a bit of a chore. Here are some ideas to get you started:
    1. Christmas card thread (where we can all share our Christmas greetings with each other)
    2. Christmas happy/good times sharing thread
    3. Baking thread
    4. Christmas support thread
    5. Gift ideas thread
    6. Favourite Christmas music / films
    7. Christmas tree photo thread
    8. New Years support thread

In early January, the team will be looking at what you've been doing and who's been most active. There will be prizes for the busiest elves - either Mix merch or some other goodies. Comment below to officially enter the Christmas Elves prize pool.

Obviously, if you don't want to do that your help is still hugely appreciated - everyone who posts over the holidays is helping make the community more welcoming and supportive.

Let's all look out for one another and make sure those who struggle with Christmas have somewhere to go.

Mike & the team :star: 

We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix.  We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,662 Mega Poster
    I'm down for this   =)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The Mix
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The best. The moonPosts: 1,171 Fanatical Poster
    I'd like to be involved please!
    The Mix
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,338 Mega Poster
    I’d like to please :) 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    The Mix
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 767 Incredible Poster
    I love to give this ago 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    The Mix
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,705 The Mix Elder
    I Will always try to elf out. Aha
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    The Mix
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,231 Mega Poster
    I would like to elf out like I did for most of last year. This year I will behave and stay on Santa's nice list.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
    The Mix
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,349 Fanatical Poster
    I'm happy to be an elf! eek i should make my christmas pic!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    The Mix
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,705 The Mix Elder
    I dont want to make any threads tho. Get scared that will do the opossite & make people not post on it just cause ive posted it. Up for the rest of it tho
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Stephaniedavcr0ckMike
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,153 Moderator
    Shaunie said:
    I dont want to make any threads tho. Get scared that will do the opossite & make people not post on it just cause ive posted it. Up for the rest of it tho
    That's okay @Shaunie there's no pressure to create any threads but if you do, I'm sure lots of us will post on it. Your support to everyone is really appreciated <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Shaunie
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 767 Incredible Poster
    made a new profile, totally didn't throw images onto my orginal profile 😂
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    The Mix
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,814 Staff Moderator
    Thanks everyone! Excited to get this going. We're also introducing a unique badge for everyone who gets involved, which will be awarded to you all in the new year. :3

PS, appreciate the solidarity with the terrible pun. ;)

PPS, loving the avatar @davcr0ck!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    davcr0ck
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,166 The Mix Elder
    :heart: 

Love this time of the year on the boards, everyone is so supportive and helpful. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    MikeGreenTeaRiley
  • MaisyMaisy CymruPosts: 230 Moderator
    Ill try and help when I can but may not be very active as I have two uni assignments due next month :open_mouth:
    Mike
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,662 Mega Poster

Love this time of the year on the boards, everyone is so supportive and helpful. :heart:
    Should be like that all year round though.. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shaunie
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The best. The moonPosts: 1,171 Fanatical Poster

Yep 💜