Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Playlist Challenge #3

Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey Everyone! 

It’s time for Playlist Challenge number 3 and that means we have a whole new theme! 

November is a month that to us at The Mix represents darker nights, hot chocolates, fluffy jumpers and generally feeling relaxed! ,which is why our theme is... (drum-roll please) 

WARM and SNUGGLY

Our previous two playlists have been awesome so we have high expectations that this one is going to be just as good, or even better!

Each person who contributes can make up too 4 song suggestions, this makes it easier for us to put the playlist together and to make sure that everyone can be involved! 

To kick the playlist off me and @Aife like...

Lights Up- Harry Styles

We are so excited to hear your suggestions! 
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Loving this theme @Jade09! The picture you've posted is so cute, I love the hot chocolate and the steam rising! 

This one is a bit Christmassy I think it might have been on one of the Christmas adverts a few years ago but I love listening to it around this time of year. 

Golden Slumbers by Dua Lipa! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    hello @Aife
    How do I find the last playlist on spotify? I searched the mix but couldnt see it. Thanks  :)
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Also not sure but 'Walk Me Home' by P!nk 

My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Great song! @ClaraOswald

Also, here is the link to last months playlist- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5DfLUQCgrB4iUNlgvMMMu8

Hopefully that should work!  :3

- Jade
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited November 2019
    @ClaraOswald - Pink brings back memories, remarkable to think how long she has been around, hadn't heard this one, so thanks for suggesting!

@Aife - Love golden slumbers, a classic Beatles song that was covered for the John Lewis Christmas ad by Elbow, who are my suggestion for this play list, there song called Kindling felt quite apt for the theme, but the guitar and percussion on this track really give me that feeling of warmth you get by sitting by a fire. There is also a second version called fickle flame which is an interesting duet. 

https://youtu.be/itbryNslqu8 
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.

• chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    I adore the Norah Jones version of 'Turn Me On' and Sufjan Stevens' 'The Only Thing' - both on my relaxation playlist 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Great suggestions @chubbydumpling!

We're going to start putting together the playlist soon so there's still time to submit your songs for it. :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LOL I'm probably waaay too late to this one, but how abour River Flows in You by Iruma? (I think that's their name anyways). It's a reaaaally relaxing song. Piano too
    Oh look a signature!
    Awesome suggestions @Rugby_Breadstick and @chubbydumpling

There’s still lots of time to add to the playlist, so keep it up everyone! ☺️
  • ungracefulungraceful Posts: 2 Newbie
    I think these songs would be great! 
    Kehlani - Honey
    Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
    Dreams - Fleetwood Mac  
    edited November 2019
     Thank you for sharing them! @ungraceful
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    How about Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung! 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    Loving the suggestions of Golden Slumbers and anything by Sufjan Stevens - their music is a mood all by itself.

I'll go with The Balcony by Rumour Said Fire:

And anything on Birdy's debut album. Particularly their cover of White Winter Hymnal:

That album carried me through one of the worst Winter train journeys I've ever had. We had major delays, it was cold, I was missing someone close to me and I think I was travelling for 12 hours in the end. Now this album is my go-to for when I'm feeling the same way - particularly if I'm homesick.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    edited November 2019
    Amazing suggestions everyone!  This is going to be an awesome playlist! 

We have started putting the playlist together and you can listen to it here-  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7f1kqawhIwNCpN4zejCNOL

- Jade
  • christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi  <3
    Lovely song @christinaj123

There is still time to suggest songs for this months playlist everyone  <3
  • AJ8AJ8 Posts: 1 Just got here
    Cherry Wine by Hozier always calms me down, I'm not sure why
  • robrob Posts: 1 Just got here
    November rain
    edited December 2019
    Thank you all for your brilliant suggestions for this month! 

Here is the finished playlist for the “Warm and Snuggly” theme! -

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7f1kqawhIwNCpN4zejCNOL

I hope you all enjoyed contributing to this playlist and enjoy next months too! 😊