Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weekly challenge #117

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for this weekly challenge we are going to be sharing things that we are grateful for :heart:

Hope you enjoy this challenge :smile:

Feel free to vote for next weeks challenge :heart:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #117 10 votes

Pumpkin carving challenge
10% 1 vote
Halloween drawing challenge
90% 9 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    I'm grateful for my friends who always know how to make me smile :)
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    Thanks for posting up this challenge @Stephanie! Loving the Halloween ideas for next week. 

I'm very grateful for my blanket at the moment! It's fluffy and it keeps me so warm. It's been getting so cold this week!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I am grateful for everyone at The Mix, for my mum and for Cats Protection Trust (they put a Facebook post up about my missing cat who has now been found and is safely home cuddled up on me.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I am grateful of the hotel cleaners that are braver than me 😂 found a spider in my room and they kindly got rid of it for me 👌😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    I'm grateful for having a wonderful community who supports everyone no matter what, but also the amazing and loving people who are in the community. <3

@Aife and @BubblesGoesBoo, Your comments made me laugh xD
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    Teddy. Having a sick day off work. Sleep. 
    & @The Mix cause every other support site has banned me apart from here <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    A lot of people. The list would probably take up a whole page so I will just say that it is a lot of people.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    edited October 2019
    @Shaunie, why did they ban you? - They are meant to support you.  :'(  <3
    Which sites where they? I won't use them  <3
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    Elefriends banned me cause i was suicidal eventho so much worse stuff from other people. 7 cups banned me cause someone reported my abuse i suffered as being a troll. Beat has banned me and they wont tell me why. 

Tho now i think about it im actually grateful of that too lol. It means i can be less on my phone and be more grateful of the support i do have on here & because other places didnt help me as much as here does <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Love this challenge @Stephanie

I'm grateful for my nice clean bed sheets and hot water bottle to cuddle with tonight! @Aife definitely need the fluffy blankets now it's dropping cooler  <3

Jade 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I am grateful for my employer... I could not ask for management more understanding of my mental health.. no matter how many times I'm off or get sectioned they always promise that I have a job to come back too. Also grateful for payday and being able to afford the shoes I've been eyeing up for 2 months 😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''