Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

World Mental Health Day 2019 - Support Thread

coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl

Hello!

Today (Thursday 10th October) is World Mental Health Day. Mental health is important every single day of the year, however this is a day especially dedicated to raising awareness of mental health and the ways you can support yourself and loved ones around you ♡

If you want to find out a little bit more about World Mental Health Day then I found a really useful article from The Mix and one from a mental health charity called Mind - I would definitely recommend reading them both. 

I thought it would be a good idea for us to create our own thread for World Mental Health Day, so that anyone can visit this thread and feel supported, inspired and able to find positivity in even the darkest of days. Similar to my School/University Support Thread that I posted last month, I thought we could use this thread as a check in and a place to share your favourite positive quotes, advice or even songs that have helped you to feel positive and that you think might help others too.

So I’m wondering

1. How are you feeling? ♡
  2. What’s your favourite quote or piece of advice for anybody going through a difficult time? And/or are there any songs that help you to feel positive?

To begin this positivity train, I wanted to share one of my favourite quotes which is:

“Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." I have always been one to worry about what other people might think of me, but in those moments I always try to remind myself of this quote because it really is so true. Just be you, always ♡

And a couple of songs that always make me smile are Wouldn’t It Be Nice - The Beach Boys because it reminds me of the happiest things in life, and Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles, because it reminds me that the sunshine in your mind is never ever far away :) 

I would love to hear your favourites; and I really really hope everyone is doing well and has a lovely day. Happy World Mental Health Day everyone - remember you are important and deserve to be supported ALWAYS 

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    1. I am feeling sad at the moment but I don't know how to explain why.

2. Same as the words that @Aife uses as her words of comfort- You never have to fight through anything alone. There will always be someone out there who cares and will be there to listen and support you. 3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    On Saturday at my performing arts school everyone is wearing yellow for world mental health day which I think is an amazing idea even if it is 2 days later. But as you said, mental health is important every day.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Found a lot of quotes to do with mental health.  They are going into a spoiler as a whole page would be taken up otherwise.

• Options
    Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    @Kasa2103 some really good quotes in there. I especially liked "The trick is to enjoy life. Dont wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead".  <3

One of my favourite quotes is "Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken". Its a reminder to myself to stop trying to be who I think everyone else wants me to be and just be who I am. I got it tattooed on my arm a few years ago. I forget its there most of the time but every now and then I see it and it serves its purpose  :)

@coc0mac I love the Beatles - Here comes the sun. Mornings are my favourite part of the day and always make me think the day holds so much promise. Definitely one of my usual go to morning songs. 

My advise to anyone if it's worth anything is to just Stop. Take a breath. And really be in the moment. Wiggle your fingers, wiggle your toes. Remember you are a living, breathing person. Today might not feel okay, but there is always tomorrow  <3

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    This is such a nice thread, thank you for posting it on World Mental Health Day @coc0mac.

Thank you @Kasa2103 that's really sweet you used my words of comfort <3.

Really lovely quotes you've shared @BubblesGoesBoo @coc0mac & @Evelyn360. Thanks for sharing them :)

One of my favourite quotes is the one on my signature. I'm not sure who said it, but I saw it on someone's Instagram story and really like that it says you're still trying and doing the best you can which is worth celebrating too.

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too.

<3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Wow everyone! The advice, quotes and songs are all so so lovely. Love the big collection of quotes from @Kasa2103 - thank you so much for sharing them all! Sending everyone lots of hugs - what a supportive thread you have all created :smile: