Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

Getting emails about discussion but not notification

davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 736 Incredible Poster
Hey @""The Mix"

I'm getting the email notifications sent to my email when people comment on I need a hug thread for example but the notification doesn't work appear in the top corner next to the indox. the last notification I've got is the 7th October. 

Just wondering if you had any ideas 
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

Comments

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 736 Incredible Poster
    Just a few screenshot to illustrate what I mean 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,713 Staff Moderator

It sounds like your notification preferences for emails and popup notifications might be different. If you head to your notification preferences in your profile, you should see two columns - one for emails and one for popup notifications. You can mix and match them.

Unless you've already tried that?
    just because you're not doing something perfectly, doesn't mean you're not doing it
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 736 Incredible Poster
    Ohhh @Mike I just got your comment as a notification this time 😂 I have a lot in a bit 
    Mike said:

It sounds like your notification preferences for emails and popup notifications might be different. If you head to your notification preferences in your profile, you should see two columns - one for emails and one for popup notifications. You can mix and match them.

Unless you've already tried that?
    Yeah that seems to of sorted it out, probably just turned something off accidentally 
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,713 Staff Moderator
    Glad to hear it worked out @davcr0ck, thanks for the update :)

davcr0ck said:
    Ohhh @Mike I just got your comment as a notification this time 😂 I have a lot in a bit 
    Also this is so typical of tech issues!
    just because you're not doing something perfectly, doesn't mean you're not doing it
    davcr0ck
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 1,940 Postholic
    Same for me as well but this time not emails either. Haven't had any notifications since @The Mix  sent me a pm yesterday afternoon (it was either late morning or early afternoon.) Notifications are definitely switched on for emails and pop-ups.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
    davcr0ck