Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Playlist Challenge #1

AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey Everyone 

Here at The Mix we talk a lot about way to distract our self when we struggle. We have set up this playlist challenge as away to think about different songs relating to a theme. After a couple of weeks we will collect all the songs together and put them on a playlist on Spotify and share the link with you so you can all listen to the songs. 

For the next few weeks the theme is ...

This could be a song that you listen to as your on your way to school/college/university or even work. As well if there is song you grew up listening to which reminds you of going back to school then feel free to share it. 

I'll give you an example, A song which reminds me of going to school is Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day

Lets create a brilliant playlist. <3

Update : As this is a new challenge The Mix have decided that we will give out a prize to the person who suggests the song which best fits the theme. 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I love this idea Abi! 

A song that that reminds me of school is Send Me On My Way by Rusted Roots. Me and my friend used to always listen to it in the music rooms at lunch time.☺️
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Ohh Good one Abi

a song that reminds be of school is  proud by heather small  . My primary school teacher always used to play it at the end of the day and make us say what we did 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Eminem- lose yourself 

I remember before all the soon to be year 11s left my old high school due to closure, we were all being moved to a new school just before we were due to start our GCSEs. So we had an assembly and the head teacher played this song to us, to let us know that we can achieve our dreams and that things can work out. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited August 2019
    I've never been to school only college so
    A song that reminds me of college is:

Motivation by Sum 41(which isn't as positive as it sounds might i disclaim 😂)

it's my traveling to college anthem and when i get annoyed 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Me and my friends would send each other a link to September by Earth, Wind & Fire every year, without fail, on September 1st. A week later, we'd be back at school =)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,809 Extreme Poster
    Baggy Trousers! Great fun song about school (watching the video makes it twice as relatable!) :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited September 2019
    One song that reminds me of school is Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles. I also love Dodie Clark's cover of the song. I know back to school is technically the end of summer, but it reminds me of summer days at school where everyone was happy and relaxed and just a really positive memory associated with school :smile:
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,722 Master Poster
    Be The One
    Reach For The Stars 
    Periodic Table Song
    Pi R Squared Sounds Like Area To Me
    100 digits of Pi
    Shake It Off
    Promises 
    Cheerleader
    Spanish Prepositions Rap 
    Remember Me
    What Time Is It 
    Baby Shark- we did it once as a warmup in cheerleading 
    One Kiss 
    Fight Song
    Human- Rag N Bone Man
    Harvest For The World
    Dollhouse- clean!! 
    The Hunger Games Theme Music 
    Stay With Me
    You Make Me Wanna Jump- Rupee
    When I Kissed The Teacher
    Dancing Queen
    Fix You
    Fuck It All- Let It go Parody
    Sorry
    Thank U Next
    I Don't Care I Love It- Clean
    Just Give Me A Reason
    Let's Twist Again
    Staying Alive 
    I Will Survive
    Charleston Music
    Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
    Rock Around The Clock
    Rise Up
    Brave- Sara Bareills 
    Who Let The Dogs Out 
    Boogie Wonderland
    Knowing Me Knowing You
    Mamma Mia
    Take A Chance
    Lay All Your Love On Me
    Super Trouper 
    I Have A Dream
    The Winner Takes It All
    Money Money Money
    Henry Henry Henry- Money Money Money Parody
    SOS
    Chiquitita 
    Fernando
    Voules Vouz
    Does Your Mother Know
    Gimme Gimme Gimme
    Summer Night City
    Name Of The Game
    One Of Us
    Thank You For The Music
    Waterloo
    So Long
    Honey Honey
    Our Last Summer
    A Thousand Years
    Sing- Gary Barlow
    Three Little Birds
    Spring Chicken- primary school memories 
    Harvest Samba
    Living And Learning- primary school
    Big Red Combine Harvester- primary school
    I'm Coming Home- Skylar Grey
    Angel Eyes
    The Day Before You Came
    My Love My Life
    I've Been Waiting For You
    Story Of My Life
    Single Ladies
    Jingle Bell Rock
    I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
    Santa Tell Me

sorry for the length. Me and my dance teacher both love ABBA. And most of the other stuff is from Geography class, sen group or the school performances.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited September 2019
    @Kasa2103 might want to pick your favourite one otherwise poor @Abi or whoever complied the play list is going to be there for hours just trying to find all of those songs on Spotify :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Oops! Looks like it needs to be shortened big time. I will just choose 1 favourite from each of these categories:

General- The Story Of My Life 
    Fun- Shake It Off
    ABBA- Knowing Me Knowing You
    Sign Language- Thousand Years
    Parody- Henry Henry Henry
    Dance Showcase- River (changed idea)
    School Band- Be The One
    Year 7 Concert- Fix You
    Geography Class- Who Let The Dogs Out 
    Mentoring- When I Kissed The Teacher
    Educational- Circle Song
    Primary School- Spring Chicken
    Weird- Baby Shark
    Cheerleading squad- Cheerleader 
    Science class- Periodic table song
    Spanish class- Spanish Prepositions  (don't worry if you can't find it.)
    Aww inducing- I'm Coming Home 
    Form favourite- Let's Twist Again
    SEN group favourite- Fight Song
    Dance class- Rock Around The Clock

That would be much less than what I originally said

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Its so lovely to see you all enjoying the new playlist challenge, its great to see all the songs you guys are suggesting please keep in mind the theme which is 'Back to School'. 

On that note as its a new challenge The Mix have decided that we are going to give out a prize to the person who suggests a song which best fits the theme 'Back to School'. I have seen some great suggestions I really have and some songs I will have to go and listen to as well. I have a couple of songs which I think fit the theme perfectly and I will share them when I revel the winner later this month. 

We also need a name for this playlist when we share the link with you. Do you want it to be called 'Back to school' or do you have a better name for it? Please share some ideas with me and lets create a brilliant back to school thread. 

Keep sharing and the playlist link will come in due course. 
    edited September 2019
    https://youtu.be/5IpYOF4Hi6Q

Pink Floyd “ Another brick in the wall”  . I used to hate going to school when I was little and the words “we don’t need no education” remind reminds me of it 

Could you call them “pick up playlist “ and then :Education. For this one then then : whatever the next theme, Or pick me up playlist then change the next bit each theme or Or positive playlist
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Teenage Kicks :D 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    Keep your head up - Ben Howard. 
    <3

Used to listen to this every morning waking to school
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)

Weekender Offender 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Definitely agree with another brick in the wall and beastie boys! 

another from me is:

jimmy eat world - the middle.

i feel like school can be quite hard for people and this is a great motivational song, unlike my first one 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    What I go to school for - Busted. Lool. 

We're all in this together - high school musical 😂😂😂

Written in the stars - Tinie Tempah

When I grow up - NF 
    (this is a rap one so probs not one everyone's keen on but I love it. He talks about doing what he wants to do - rap. But anyways I think it fits seems it talks about doing what you want and education not being the be and end all)

cool kids - echosmith

Free- Rudimemtal (about being free from bullies)

dont let me down - the chainsmokers

sigma - find me

& loads of More or upbeat songs that I don't wanna spam 🙂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Boomtown Rats - I don't like Mondays
    Wheetus - Teenage Dirtbag
    Weekender Offender 
    Shake it - Metro station 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Some great suggestions here, feeling a lot of nostalgia with some of these songs in particular! Looking to get the first version of this playlist together soon, do we have any suggestions for a name for the playlist? We have 'Pick up Playlist: Education' from @Millie2787 so far. Any other suggestions?

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.

@Ed_ I couldn't put it better myself! There are so many great song you guys are suggesting. I can't wait to sit down and listen to them and pick a winner for the challenge which will be released at the end of September, so keep an eye on this thread as you might be the winner! 
    Teacher, Teacher! This song is by Jinier.
    September Song - JP Cooper

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Light it up by major lazer 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Hey Everyone, 

I though I would come and bump this thread. We will be picking a winner at the end of the month! This person will win a prize and their song will be put on top of the playlist! 

@Millie2787 We loved your suggestion for the playlist name! We have used the idea of 'playlist : education'.

We have choice the name - 'Pick me up playlist: studying'. We think this will be searched up more on Spotify. 

Keep sharing <3
    No Drama -Craig David, James Hype

• alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    That's My Goal - Shayne Ward, it's a throwback but it was always played in our assemblies to remind us to reach our goals so I have fond memories of this song!
    Ava Max - So Am I 
    Just wanted to bump this thread up a bit. As this week we will be sharing the link with you all for the first ever playlist created by Mix Users for Mix Users! 

I have seen some brilliant suggestions for this theme and some I've never heard of before as well!

I am also looking for suggestion of themes you guys would like to see in playlist, so feel free to share ideas and theme you would like to see. 

<3
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Green day - time of your life

Used to play this song after every holiday haha 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''