Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

Unable to write outside the quote box

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 197 The Mix convert
I've noticed that when I'm on the phone, if I quote something then edit it. I can't start a new sentence outside of the quote box. 

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 7,344 The Mix Elder
    You have to leave some space before quoting 😊. Like press the "return" button then click back up and then press quote so you have space below that. If makes sense?
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Kathleen07
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,897 Postholic
    I think this happens with me too. If I quote something to respond to it, then press backspace, I'm stuck typing inside the quote box despite trying to click back outside of it.

When that happens, I have to get rid of the quote box and start again, being careful to leave typing space outside. I know it's a pain haha.

Or are you describing something different? :smile:
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 197 The Mix convert
    Ahhh so that's what I'm supposed to do!
    Thank you so much @Shaunie and @Kathleen07😉
    Kathleen07
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,524 Community Managers
    Thank you @Shaunie & @Kathleen07!

Unfortunately, this isn't something Vanilla can change but if you follow the tips Shaunie and Kathleen have given, this should help!

- Aife
    We're @Mike, @Italia and @Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.