Home Help Desk Bugs and other issues

Unable to write outside the quote box

I've noticed that when I'm on the phone, if I quote something then edit it. I can't start a new sentence outside of the quote box. 

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie Posts: 11,696 An Original Mixlorian
    You have to leave some space before quoting 😊. Like press the "return" button then click back up and then press quote so you have space below that. If makes sense?
    Kathleen07
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I think this happens with me too. If I quote something to respond to it, then press backspace, I'm stuck typing inside the quote box despite trying to click back outside of it.

When that happens, I have to get rid of the quote box and start again, being careful to leave typing space outside. I know it's a pain haha.

Or are you describing something different? :smile:
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,160 Wise Owl
    Ahhh so that's what I'm supposed to do!
    Thank you so much @Shaunie and @Kathleen07😉
    Kathleen07
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,594 Staff Team
    Thank you @Shaunie & @Kathleen07!

Unfortunately, this isn't something Vanilla can change but if you follow the tips Shaunie and Kathleen have given, this should help!

- Aife
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Emma_, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

Our response time to PMs might be a little slower than usual, please bear with us (:
This discussion has been closed.