Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month - July

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

Here's our July Post of the Month nominations :) 

What is Post of the Month?
For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes wins Post of the Month.

1. @Jellyelephant's thread 'Self-care ideas/boxes'
hey guys! 

I never used to believe in self care to help to help me I thought professionals were trying to fob me off but my therapist Meg has been showing me how it can help. I have been using self care to sooth myself and help my mood. I have a scheduled few hours in the evening where I do self care, this might be washing my hair, putting clean sheets on my bed, colouring, listening to music, lighting a nice candle etc. 

One thing that that I love is my self care box. This is a box filled with self care/distraction stuff - it’s so helpful when you’re feeling bad because you don’t have to think about what to do etc because you can just look in your box and pick something. In mine I have fidget toys/stress balls, face masks, moisturiser, nice scents, colouring, puzzles, self harm distraction lists, photos etc. I just look in my box and choose something to do and it’s so useful!!! 

I thought you guys could comment and let us know what you guys put in your boxes? Or what you do for self care? What helps you? 

Xxx

2. @Butterfly23 's post in the 'I need a hug thread'

Shaunie and anyone else who needs them in the spoilers are some lists of self harm distractions, self care ideas and ways to decrease anxiety 💗

3. @coc0mac 's post in 'Really concerned about my boyfriend'
Hi davcr0ck 

It's great to hear you have found someone you really like and who is supportive with your mental health <3 Long distance can be challenging but it can work - my brother and his girlfriend were long distance for 2 years (UK and US) and she is moving here this month :) 

I think Shaunie gave some great advice and things to think about. I know my brother used to note down good things that happened to him in the day, so that he could look forward to telling his girlfriend all about it in the evening. It's always nice to have something to look forward to :) 

In terms of tips, The Mix has a really great video about long distance relationships https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=42&v=DxdQbHlHTzQ

Take care :) 

You can vote below and remember to keep an eye out for posts to nominate this month. You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. 

Aife & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - July 17 votes

Jellyelephant
47% 8 votes
Butterfly23
41% 7 votes
Coc0mac
11% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Maddie05Maddie05 Posts: 56 Boards Initiate
    edited August 2019
    Personally I like @butterfly23 because it just have taken some hard work and dedication to think and produce all of that writing! But all of them are great! So I don't mind who gets it! ❤ good luck to all! ❤

- Maddie, 13
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Thank you @Maddie05

It's really kind that you like my post, it honestly means a lot as I made them to hopefully help people!  <3

Everyone's posts are brilliant, and good luck to the winner!  :p
  • Options
    Maddie05Maddie05 Posts: 56 Boards Initiate
    I just thought that you probably took a lot of time and thought into those! ❤
    But as you said, everyone's posts are amazing, and special in its own way! <3
    So good luck to the winner! You all deserve it! I wish there could be more than one! But if you don't win, there's always a next time, and it doesn't mean your post isn't good, because you were nominated, which means someone/or some people have really liked your post! And so the other two who didn't win, equally came second! Which is something you should be really proud of! As not ALL posts are on here <3

Take care! And good luck to you all! <3

- Maddie 
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Congratulations @Jellyelephant you are July's Post of the Month winner! 

Your post will be featured in the next newsletter!

Well done to everyone else too. Your support doesn't go unnoticed and it's so valued. <3

- Aife & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Yay! Well Done @Jellyelephant 💓💓
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Well done @Jellyelephant! such a great idea/response :smile::heart: