Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not ok

124»

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Very up and down. It's like I'm struggling to manage how I feel and understand how I feel.
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey GreenTea :heart:

Just wanted to pop on to send you some hugs, and let you know we are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I'm so... Why brain why. 
    Not gone food shopping in 2 weeks because I'm fat and don't need it 🙃 
    Why am I falling back into this 😭
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I’ll carry on here lol ! 

Do you think doing an online food shop could help this ? Or could you do a plan where you say right Monday Friday Sunday Wednesday I’m going to have 2 meals and 1 snack and Tuesday Thursday Saturday I’ll have 1 meal but 3 snacks ? I find that having a set time for each meal can help also x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I don't feel ready to do a plan. I give up. Just gonna give in to the voice in my brain. I need to lose weight anyway.
    Maybe I'll feel like I matter when I'm skinny and fit in with others. Maybe that's why I'm hated so much right now. Because I'm fat.

I have so much going on physically, mentally and life issues I just can't fight shit anymore
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    Maybe associating yourself with the wrong people if they base your value on your weight. You don't need to change yourself for others. It's okay to want to diet and lose weight if you're overweight and want to stay within healthy range As long as do it in safe way
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    So I've spoken to a couple friends who made comments and triggering conversations with me. I explain that it was hurtful and affecting me, I explained why because I hadn't actually done that, I just told them that the conversations and comments were upsetting and triggering but they carried on. I should of properly explained so they understood. I didn't give them a reason to understand.
    I just hope they are more mindful of conversation about diets, weight and exercising when I'm around. 
  • Options
    I don't think I worded that very well. I'm still very anxious about the conversations I had with friends even though they are over
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey again @GreenTea hope you're doing ok at the moment. I think it's very brave of you to have discussed what's upsetting you with your friends, it's totally understandable that you'd be feeling anxious about it all as you mentioned. No worries about your wording in your other message, makes total sense. :)

How have you been feeling since then? Feel free to keep us up to date with how you're doing and if there's anything we can do to help!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Just popping in to say we are all here for you and I hope that you are okay  <3
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea

Noticed it's been a few days since you last posted in this thread, just wanted to check in to see how you are doing, and let you know that we are always here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• Options
    I had a couple of ok days but today I've slipped back down. Barely got out of bed today, just keep staring at the wall and wishing I didn't exist
  • Options
    I don't know how to feel about another complete routine change. 
    It's so difficult and it's throwing me off
  • Options
    Hey GreenTea :heart:

Hope you're okay, dealing with a change of routine is difficult, do you want to chat more about how you're feeling? We are here for you 

• Options
    L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    edited September 2019
    GreenTea said:
    I had a couple of ok days but today I've slipped back down. Barely got out of bed today, just keep staring at the wall and wishing I didn't exist
    I hope your doing better today, if it’s possible try to remain in a positive way or distract yourself from negative thoughts. Even though you think you shouldn’t exist. Your a good person don’t not believe that. We all have a good life to find it just takes a while to find it.  i want to share something, when I was younger I never had much hope due to having struggles in my other countries and school issues especially as my parents divorced and grandma died. I continued like this into secondary and ended up sort of being bad turning into a bully till I realised it was wrong. Which happened to the week just before the school got a bomb threat. Even though I failed all of my GCSE’s apart from science. Then I started having outside issues when I was in college. Which kept going for a while till I moved. Even now I still have issues with annoying people and whenever something reminds me. I keep losing hold of my postive thoughts. I was never expecting this but one past incident caused me to get my volunteering in a sports centre and then half a year later getting offered a job there, even though most jobs I applied to keep turning me down or was unsuccessful and I seem to have less incidents. There’s still a couple but they don’t bother messing with me and are sometimes a bit friendly. 
    What I’m trying to say is there’s always a right path but sometimes you need to just, reflect and figure out why you feel like that and then think of a solution to change that why.  
    (I used to struggle a lot with having a short temper and getting violent to people’s property but now I just go down to the river and feed the ducks but even if teenagers bother me,I don’t do anything to them and then they eventually give up ) just find time to reflect and think of how to change what makes you feel negative. 
    I hope this helps. 
    We all have were own struggles, it’s not about yourself but how you deal with the struggles. 

• Options
    AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hey @GreenTea

I just wanted to reach out to you and see how your doing? Its understandable to be struggling at the moment, you seem to have a lot going on. 

Here at The Mix we really do care about the well-being of our young people. I just want you to know where the support is if you feel you would like to reach out at all. 

I would like to send you where you can get support tonight if you feel you need it, or at any point. 

Samaritans - there number is 116 123 they are open day and night. 
    PapyrusUk - you can Call on 0800 068 4141. Text them 07786209697. They are open 9am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends, 2pm – 10pm bank holidays. 
    The Mix - the Community Boards are always here if you want to talk (open 24/7) and even on the 1-2-1 chats and on the helpline open 4pm till 11pm. 

We really do care about you here at The Mix, your a valued member of the community we really hope you can see that. 

<3