Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weekly challenge #103

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for this weekly challenge we are doing a random acts of kindness challenge.

Comment on this thread what acts of kindness you've done during the week, and also if you notice somebody else show kindness to somebody you can post about that too.

Can't wait to read your replies on this thread heart

Also feel free to vote for next week's weekly challenge :smile:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #103 2 votes

Learn a new fact a day
50% 1 vote
Create a self-care music playlist
50% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Today I let a teacher use my pe bag as a foot rest instead of me using it as a pillow during sports day 😂
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Today I let a teacher use my pe bag as a foot rest instead of me using it as a pillow during sports day 😂
    Thank you for sharing Kasa, :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    A Y4 leaver got upset after there leavers service practice yesterday at the school I was volunteering at  so I sat and spoke to him saying how over these last 2 days I’ve seen how much of a lovely boy he is and how much he will enjoy moving on to a new school.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Last time I was in hospital I was struggling so a nurse sat and spoke about izombie with me for like 2 hours (we're both obsessed) 😂 this week when I was in she saw I was back so brought in the comic that izombie is based on for me to have and it's so good! 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    A Y4 leaver got upset after there leavers service practice yesterday at the school I was volunteering at  so I sat and spoke to him saying how over these last 2 days I’ve seen how much of a lovely boy he is and how much he will enjoy moving on to a new school.
    Aw that is so lovely, thank you for sharing. Sounds like he really needed that reassurance and that chat. :heart: 

• Options
    Last time I was in hospital I was struggling so a nurse sat and spoke about izombie with me for like 2 hours (we're both obsessed) 😂 this week when I was in she saw I was back so brought in the comic that izombie is based on for me to have and it's so good! 😊 
    Ah thanks for sharing :heart: 
    My friend watches izombie. I dont know what it's about. Is it good?

• Options
    1. I showed a lady at the trampoline park how the lockers work as they work differently to other lockers.

2. I helped my friend who injured her ankle.

3. I let a toddler onto the trampoline that I was on. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    1. I showed a lady at the trampoline park how the lockers work as they work differently to other lockers.

Aw thanks for sharing Kasa, sounds very kind :heart:

• Options
    Stephanie said:
    Kasa2103 said:

No problem.  Thanks for being so nice. :)<3
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Stephanie said:
    Kasa2103 said:

No problem.  Thanks for being so nice. :)<3
    Aw thank you, :heart:

• Options
    I told my friend about getting a referral to our local orthodontist as we both need braces. I am getting mine on Monday but she is struggling to find out how a referral is made. I explained to her that she needs to speak to her mum and ask her to speak to her normal dentist at the next appointment. We both suffer with the same problem but she has it a bit less severe.
  • Options
    Oh and I am helping my mum to lose weight as she says she needs my help. Even if I already feel stressed from the pressure