Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Never use Elefriends

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
They never treeated me fairly. They banned me forever but i went down the complaint route and got my account back. I have not been in crisis and barely been using it. But they have banned me forever again and i don’t know why i am so upset by it because the site wasnt helping me that much but i am so upset they hate me so much. Like literally many users are in crisis every single day on there and do not get banned😭. 
I don’t know why every one hates me but i think i need to die
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Honestly i love charities and all that but FML there site is very shit. Well for some its not because people can say what they like without being banned. I am not being paraniod they actually hate me. I havent been in crisis on there site since my ban many users have. Honestly people hate me

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Never use. They ban you randomly and leaves you wondering why everyone hates you and leaves you in crisis

[edited by mod to remove caps]
  • Options
    I want to die. I am so upse
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Shauine.

Just wanted to send you some Huge Aimee hugs ❤️ I’m here if you want to talk x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DOES EVERYONE HATE ME HERE? Cause just say now and ill leave the world
  • Options
    Thank you aimee
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    DOES EVERYONE HATE ME HERE? Cause just say now and ill leave the world
    Shauine I don’t hate you . No one on here hates you they like you just the way you are. And think your such an amazing person . The support you’ve given me and I’ve seen you give others is amazing . ❤️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I cant cope 😭😭😭😭😭 honeslty i didnt post on crisis on there because i knew how sad makes me feel. So now i am even more sad that they have suspended account for no reason. And its not the fact of losing support. I don’t know why people hate me
  • Options
    Well Shauine they clearly aren’t a very good site for you. But you have all of us here , and all of us on here don’t hate you. I’ve seen you’ve had problems in the past with them before so do you maybe think it’s best you forget about that site now becuase it hurts to see you so sad and think no one likes you becuase again we all love you here and your always wanted here ❤️❤️
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww Shaunie <3 I don't see why anyone would hate you. I promise that I don't hate you at all. I really like you and you're so helpful and nice. Anyone who does dislike you is completely, utterly bonkers.

I can really hear how upset you are. We're here for you and sending so many hugs <3
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Sounds like your  really struggling at the moment @Shaunie . I know you already have them but here’s a little reminder of the crisis services.

Crisis Textline -  85258 
    Samaritans 116 123 , 

You can get through this Shauine were all here for You ❤️

• Options
    I made friends on the site tho and i cant ever log back in to speak to them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 tbf i didnt speak to them that often but still like seeing how people do.
    so no point i am very sad. And keep crying.
    I am v sensitive and get attached to people. And tbey all knew how shit they treated me and so am not over dramtatice about people hating me cause it was very clear how unfair it is

its a shit life - i don’t know why i put up with it anymore

but thank you aimee and kathleen. V kind. <3
  • Options
    @Shaunie Buddy , 
    You our up with it Because you have so many exciting times ahead of you . You finished your Peer support worker course and you should be so proud of yourself for doing that. 

I know it’s hard when you’ve made friends and can’t speak to them again , that sounds like it could be difficult. 

Just know we All love you here and we’re never hate you . Your such a valued member of the community here and give such great support and you should also be proud of that ❤️
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    It sounds Elefriends is a shit place. It's nothing to do with you. Some people get treated unfairly just because. You're amazing, please try not to let the losers get into your head (although believe me, I know how hard that is) <3

Things can and will get better and we are here to help you throughout. I really hope that you can see how much worth is in you <3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    Hey @Shaunie. I just wanted to say that if you feel you've been treated unfairly by Elefriends, it's definitely worth getting in touch with them. You mentioned you complained and that led to getting your account restored, which is awesome (though obviously not so awesome you needed to do that). Do you think it might be worth giving that another shot now?

Also, I do want to say that everyone is going to have a slightly different experience of support services. Your experiences are completely valid and you're allowed to be upset about this, but let's keep an open mind - other folks will have had positive experiences of Elefriends and it's important we don't draw a broad conclusion about a service from one person's experience. :)

I've also deleted one of those recent posts and edited an earlier one to remove the all caps (some caps are fine, but all caps can make things tricky to read). If you're feeling unsafe and that you might be at breaking point, there are always people there willing to listen, as @Millie2787 said:

Crisis Textline -  85258 
    Samaritans 116 123 ,

It's important to speak up about unfair treatment @Shaunie so well done for posting about this. Most folks at support services genuinely do want the best for the people they work with, but they do get it a bit wrong sometimes (maybe because one individual person goes a bit rogue or gets something wrong), so hopefully you get a resolution here. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yeah exactly my point @Mike

some people have great experience on it cause im not even joking they post all kinda of suicidal shit and how they self harm and may be dying. And they have been using for actually years. And not even over egerating. 

So yeah could have good experience and could be liked on there

BUT If you go on there and they choose you to be the hated one. Then it WILL make you mental health a lot WORSE. 

WOULDNT RISK IT
    I don’t know what is wrong with them. But need to be warn about places like that

Literally no reason for it that it did go past my mind that they would have got the wrong account but no they hate me. Its upsettimg

but thank yous
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Thank you all. 

Is a lot better on here. More fair & bans make sense
    and Mods are less like robots with no thoughts and understand and commincate with you about bans. Glad to be on here xxx
  • Options
    They got back to me since i asked why. 

One reason they gave me was because i couldnt breath properly from anxiety and had put somewhere "need urgent help" omggg are they beig serious. And said it puts too much pressure on the comminuty. Um what about the people who constantly say they need urgent help after harming themselves. Ugh what actual shit. 
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    [Closed by request from original poster]
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
This discussion has been closed.