Home Politics & Debate
Upcoming maintenance - the community will be undergoing maintenance at roughly 7pm - 8pm tonight (20th), and the discussion boards may be offline during that time. Group chat won't be affected.

Is there anything you think should come for free?

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 2,620 Boards Champion
(or just a lot cheaper) and if so, what is it?

E.g.

I think ice cream should be free, because then those in poverty will never starve as they will always at least have ice cream
"Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              

Comments

• LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,400 Boards Champion
    Capri sun!  Everyone should get the right to sip on the juices healing priorities!  💕
    On a serious note 😂

I really think inhalers and any life saving medication such as epipens and insulin should be free or the prescription charge should be much less. 

I think condoms really need to be reduced,  they're so pricey,  some of durexes are 3 for nearly 4 pound know their website I saw!  They should be cheaper to get, 

Period products definitely.

And I really think my local buses should be cheaper,  people are confined to their villages, that's no fun 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    chubbydumplingindependent_
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 460 Moderator
    I second period products. University education should be free, yet our universities are some of the most expensive in Europe. Free bottled water would be a good idea too. 
    ClaraOswald
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,535 Community Veteran
    bras. I didn't ask for the boob life :pensive:   they're so expensive aswell! 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,935 Extreme Poster
    Well... My opinion is that money shouldn't exist, and people should help each other out instead of it being about trading and costs. But I know that some people won't agree to that - my mom thinks the world couldn't function without it. I'm open to either point of view, I just think that money seems to just create misery and difficulty.

But if it's going to exist, far enough, haha. I think basic essentials such as water, some sort of housing and food, etc., should probably be free x

• SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,148 Skive's The Limit
    When you say 'free' do you mean paid for out of taxation?
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,148 Skive's The Limit
    Well... My opinion is that money shouldn't exist, and people should help each other out instead of it being about trading and costs. But I know that some people won't agree to that - my mom thinks the world couldn't function without it. I'm open to either point of view, I just think that money seems to just create misery and difficulty.

But if it's going to exist, far enough, haha. I think basic essentials such as water, some sort of housing and food, etc., should probably be free x

Communism. A great idea. Sadly not compatible with human nature. Communism fails there is not enough incentive on the individual, and people are by nature selfish.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 5,150 Part of The Furniture
    I second that sanitary products and condoms should always be free or at least reduced in price, and also think you should be able to get decent pregnancy tests for cheeper as well. Some of their prices are insane. 

Oh and chocolate should be free of course ;) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 Moderator
    I agree with the condoms and sanitary products being cheaper. Maybe have free sanitary products available in sex clinics like condoms are (in the UK anyway).

Also have more refillable water services around, it's hard to stay hydrated sometimes when you can't get water without having to buy bottles of it  =)
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,900 Community Manager
    @mags98 said:
    Also have more refillable water services around, it's hard to stay hydrated sometimes when you can't get water without having to buy bottles of it  =)
    So much love for this idea. Also agree with everything people have said about condoms and sanitary stuff. Good, convenient healthcare from a well-funded NHS would be nice.

The point about money not existing/communism etc. was an interesting one. I saw this Vsauce video a while ago about currency (it's not just a video on how much money there is in the world). Not totally relevant, but reminded me of it and thought it might be an interesting watch.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,620 Boards Champion
    Public toilets!

There's fewer free toilets on the highstreet now, and with the highstreets in decline you'd think they'd do more to try and make it more appealing to shoppers

Some interesting dialogue here about if things can really be 'free' and the point of money :)
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    chubbydumplingClaraOswald
  • dancertoridancertori CornwallPosts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Clothes, because like if you walk round naked, you get arrested
    Kasa2103
    Heroin should be free.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,258 The Mix Elder
    1. YouTube downloads for offline viewing
    2. Egg fried rice
    3. Fortune cookies
    4. WiFi
    5. Kit Kats 
    6. Pizza 
    7. Toon Blast bonuses
    8. Ham Sandwiches
    9. First News newspapers 
    10. Lemonade
    11. Cornettos 
    12. Houses so the homeless can have a house
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Free heroin, free needles, safe place to inject and access to support services for free.
    This would have a dramatic positive effect on the health of drug users and reduce drug-related crime.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    Kasa2103
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,900 Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    @Skive said:
    Free heroin, free needles, safe place to inject and access to support services for free.
    This would have a dramatic positive effect on the health of drug users and reduce drug-related crime.
    I had a law teacher who had this exact view. Seems pretty wild when you first think about it, but it does make sense. Goes into the wider legalisation debate I guess.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Skive
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald TardisPosts: 144 Helping Hand
    Kindness, its free but should be given out more often...
    Hate should be taxed  =)
    My feelings are bigger on the inside. People get me wrong.
     "Sometimes the only choices you have are wrong ones but you still have to choose"-Peter Capaldi, 12th Doctor  ❤️