Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General Chat Tonight- 16th May

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,721 Master Poster
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Because chat has decided to be cheeky yet again and stop working, I am making this thread to replace group chat. Feel free to generally chat with each other as long as you stay within the guidelines. Chat and board guidelines still apply. Sorry for blubbering on about it but it is important. I hope chat will work on Sunday. Touch wood! I am afraid we cannot do a support chat because there is a lack of moderators. However there is always crisis messenger, the rest of the boards and the 1-2-1 helplines for support. Does anyone have any funny videos, photos or stories? Any good news? 
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,608 Legendary Poster
    Hey! How is everyone?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,721 Master Poster
    Hey! How is everyone?
    Much better now as I am at home. It was parents evening tonight and my parents were going to be contacted by email or phone. None of that happened. I suppose there will not be any calls tonight as who wants to hang out on school site past 7pm (end of parents evening?) Maybe tomorrow.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
     can still do a support stuff?. Dont need moderators to support & listen. Hope everyones okay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
     can still do a support stuff?. Dont need moderators to support & listen. Hope everyones okay
    I don't see why not. Just keep it within the guidelines.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Hey! How is everyone?
    Much better now as I am at home. It was parents evening tonight and my parents were going to be contacted by email or phone. None of that happened. I suppose there will not be any calls tonight as who wants to hang out on school site past 7pm (end of parents evening?) Maybe tomorrow.
    Did your parents not go to your parents evening? I always used to go with my parents cause I was always really really nosy and curious as to what my teachers were saying about me haha. School is no more for me though finally.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I'm relaxing tonight listening to Mellow Magic, and I'll be watching ambulance at 9. Haven't really been enjoying this weather, finding it too warm haha.
    My parents have circumstances that mean they couldn't come this year. My mum is housebound after major surgery and my dad doesn't have a car and he has long work hours that means I would have had to fit in all subjects between 6:15pm and 6:50pm. Not possible. The school understand why and admin spoke to my maths, English, science, Spanish, geography and dance teachers and asked them to either ring, email or agree to meet my mum after half term.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey folks, 

Just popping on to say hey, and let you know I'll be around for an bit, dropping in to chat with you all on this thread :heart:

Thanks for starting this thread Kasa, 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
    Stephanie said:
    Hey folks, 

Just popping on to say hey, and let you know I'll be around for an bit, dropping in to chat with you all on this thread :heart:

Thanks for starting this thread Kasa, 
    You're welcome. It is awesome to have you here.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve just been laughing at all the carnival videos my town does getting ready for our one on bank holiday Monday , I’ve done it for a few years now with the youth centre and our floats have been sintresing to say the least 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Kasa2103 said:
    My parents have circumstances that mean they couldn't come this year. My mum is housebound after major surgery and my dad doesn't have a car and he has long work hours that means I would have had to fit in all subjects between 6:15pm and 6:50pm. Not possible. The school understand why and admin spoke to my maths, English, science, Spanish, geography and dance teachers and asked them to either ring, email or agree to meet my mum after half term.
    Ah fair enough, glad the school are being accommodating. :) 
    And yes it is what you think it is. A Swan was chasing a dog out of the river. Who likes the photo? I can't stop laughing.
    Shaunie said:
    How are you @Shaunie
    Shaunie said:
    Hey Shaunie, 

Hope your doing okay, do feel free to start a thread if you need some support, we care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Exactly. The best members of staff are the student support officers, the 2 counsellors, the headteacher, my dance teachers, my maths teacher, the mentors (they are sixth formers but do part time work for the school- usually twice a week,) the head of mentoring, my drama teacher, my form tutor, my science teachers, my geography teacher, the music department, my pe teacher and the politics, philosophy and economics department.  My religious studies teacher is OK when she isn't moaning at me.
    I’ve just been laughing at all the carnival videos my town does getting ready for our one on bank holiday Monday , I’ve done it for a few years now with the youth centre and our floats have been sintresing to say the least 🤣
    I can imagine. That sounds amazing though and a great opportunity.
    Anyone been up too anything nice? Or got anything nice planned coming up?! :heart::smile:

Stephanie said:
    Anyone been up too anything nice? Or got anything nice planned coming up?! :heart::smile:
    @Stephanie if you call applying for jobs Nice 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Millie2787 I guess it could be nice cause it could lead to a job, so swings and roundabouts and all that :wink:

Stephanie said:
    @Millie2787 I guess it could be nice cause it could lead to a job, so swings and roundabouts and all that :wink:
    @Stephanie umm if you call applying for primark nice 🙄 also did Argos and Smiggle and just looking for more 
    Primark is like the worst shop ever. :wink:

So stressful hahaha!

I have some great news:

1. My cheerleading squad are going to their first competition in February  (sounds far away but feels like next week.)

2. The cheerleading bows are finally arriving after half term.

3. That annoying English teacher is leaving next week.

@The Mix tried their best to make sure chat was on.

5. Stephanie is here :)<3

6. I totally did not charge my phone during geography today.

7. I had such a good laugh in Geography when a girl pretended to call 999 saying her water broke. We all had such a good laugh until the teacher came back. We all went silent and back onto revising (we were allowed to use our phones.)

8. I don't have to go to my Geography exam tomorrow. 

9. I have another boyfriend (he is a fellow autistic who is 1 year older than me.)

10. My rash has completely disappeared.
    Stephanie said:
    Primark is like the worst shop ever. :wink:

So stressful hahaha!
    Tell me about it. I only go to primark because it is local and near Creams.
    @Stephanie why I ever applied for it I never know 🙄
    Stephanie said:
    @Stephanie if you call applying for jobs Nice 🤣
    Job=money so it is nice. But money does not solve everything does it?
    @Kasa2103

Sounds amazing :heart:

So happy for you, :smile:

Stephanie said:
    @Kasa2103

Sounds amazing :heart:

So happy for you, :smile:
    Aww thanks so much. :heart::smile: I cannot wait to try on the cheer bow and spam the boards with photos of the bow :wink:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Exactly. The best members of staff are the student support officers, the 2 counsellors, the headteacher, my dance teachers, my maths teacher, the mentors (they are sixth formers but do part time work for the school- usually twice a week,) the head of mentoring, my drama teacher, my form tutor, my science teachers, my geography teacher, the music department, my pe teacher and the politics, philosophy and economics department.  My religious studies teacher is OK when she isn't moaning at me.
    They all sound fab. There were a lot of supportive staff at my school too (with a few unsupportive ones in there too haha). Glad you have such good people around you :) 
    Sounds good @Kasa2103

@Stephanie why I ever applied for it I never know 🙄
    Tbh I find any clothes shop stressful lol!