Have your say on new styling changes by voting on this poll. Don't miss out!

Confetti Cannon Suggestions [MEGATHREAD]

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,460 Mega Poster
    Loovveeeee thé confetti for today , Thank You ! 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Jade09chubbydumplingKathleen07
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,508 Community Managers
    You're welcome! I'm glad you like it :) 

- Aife
    We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 719 Incredible Poster
    The Mix said:
    You're welcome! I'm glad you like it :) 

- Aife
    You’re stressing me out fam reply to my pm please
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,437 Mega Poster
    edited September 2019
    14th October- National Dessert Day! 😋Sounds silly but it is a real thing. 
    I am ugly no matter what they say. Nothing but a burden is what I am. 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 159 The Mix convert
    Hi no offence but what are you on about 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,865 Postholic
    I've got an idea for December - the 4th is my 15th birthday ;)

Lol, just kidding, I know I'm not really considered famous and public enough :joy: That would be so cool though!

Are you going to have special confetti for Christmas?
    Aife

Lol, just kidding, I know I'm not really considered famous and public enough :joy: That would be so cool though!

OMG YESSSS GREEN AND RED AND WHITE CONFETTII !! 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Kathleen07

OMG YESSSS GREEN AND RED AND WHITE CONFETTII !! 
    Yeah, that would be awesome!
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,169 Moderator

Love this idea! I wanted to have snowflakes but it's not possible to change the confetti shape! I'll see what we can do with the Christmas colours :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Kathleen07
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 7,204 The Mix Elder
    Hi no offence but what are you on about 
    @Durhamjaide
    The confetti cannon at top of the home screen page can show awareness or a certain date or month ect. Sometimes it has a link near the confetti cannon so can read about it. And here if where you post if you have any suggestion for the confetti cannon. 
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Kathleen07The Mix
    Aife said:

Love this idea! I wanted to have snowflakes but it's not possible to change the confetti shape! I'll see what we can do with the Christmas colours :) 
    Omg so sad you can’t do that could of had Santa’s and Christmas trees and snowflakes 😂
    Kathleen07Butterfly23GreenTea
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Miniposter England Posts: 817 Incredible Poster
    That would have been so cool @Millie2787
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,843 Mega Poster
    7th of November - national cancer awareness day ... 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The MixchubbydumplingKasa2103
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,843 Mega Poster
    And of course we have to have one for Halloween! 😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The MixKasa2103
  • AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 671 Incredible Poster
    edited October 2019
    I spy a carers rights day coming up on November the 21st (Thursday) ... purple confetti again? The same ones from carers week?

Its quite a significant one for me and @Millie2787 as it's her last event as a young carers and my first event as an adult carer. 
    Some people think i am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    edited October 2019
    Abigail said:
    I spy a carers rights day coming up on November the 21st (Thursday) ... purple confetti again? The same ones from carers week?

Its quite a significant one for me and @Millie2787 as it's her last event as a young carers and my first event as an adult carer. 
    Oh Purple Confetti , that is one way to my heart @Abigail   ;) In all seriousness would be lovely to have purple confetti for my last event as a Young carer before i move into the remls of Young Adult Carer and i certainty know @Aife you was a big fan of the purple  :p
    Thanks for your great ideas everyone! We can only pick four awareness days each month so we haven't been able to include all of your ideas but we've managed to include most of them which is good!

Here's our confirmed schedule for the next few months:

October (full)

4th - World Animal Day
    10th - World Mental Health Day
    14-27th - Breast Cancer Awareness Month
    28-31st - Halloween 

November (full)

7th - National Cancer Awareness Day
    11th - Armistice Day
    21st - Carers Rights Day
    25th - International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women

December

16th-26th December - Christmas colours 

----

If you have any more ideas for December, let us know :) 

- Aife & the team

We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    GreenTeaAbigailchubbydumpling
    Aw not gunna include mean girls day Aife? Aha
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    AifeJellyelephant
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The best. The moonPosts: 1,429 Fanatical Poster
    Sounds like some important days for the confetti canon. Love it!
    @Shaunie unfortunately not, but keep an eye out for a fun thread on Thursday! :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Shaunie
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The best. The moonPosts: 1,429 Fanatical Poster
    10th December is human rights day!
    " The Universal Declaration was adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on 10 December 1948. "
    The 10th marks the anniversary of this day and is actually a national day
    Kasa2103Aife
    GreenTea said:
    10th December is human rights day!
    " The Universal Declaration was adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on 10 December 1948. "
    The 10th marks the anniversary of this day and is actually a national day
    Yessssss! I was learning about human rights when I was in year 8.
    Aife
    Wellll I’m in love with the confetti and the caption 😍
    GreenTea
    Never thought id not press the confetti cannon cause i dont support it lol
    Kathleen07
    The colours are so pretty! 

Aww you're awesome too @Shaunie! I'll press it a few times for you <3
    ShaunieKathleen07
    Hope you all like colours today for Breast Cancer Awareness Month <3
    Butterfly23
    Aife said:
    Hope you all like colours today for Breast Cancer Awareness Month <3
    Ooh, pink! It's nice :)
    The MixAifechubbydumplingJade09
    edited October 2019
    Hey everyone, 

Thanks for your suggestions for December. Here's our updated schedule for the next few months:

November (full)

7th - National Cancer Awareness Day
    11th - Armistice Day
    21st - Carers Rights Day
    25th - International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women

December

10th December - Human Rights Day
    16th-26th December - Christmas colours 
    27th December-31st December - Kwanzaa

----

Keep posting your suggestions! :star: 
    27th December until 1st January- Black and dark green for Kwanzaa. Kwanzaa is a week-long annual celebration held in the United States and other nations of the African diaspora in the Americas (and United Kingdom) to honor African heritage in African-American culture.
    The Mix
    Thank you for the lovely idea @Kasa2103 I've updated our schedule. We might do a New Years Eve/ New Years one on the 31st-1st. What does everyone think of that idea?